Hook Size for NK 28 and Mags?

tannero

Bought a bunch of NK 28 and NK mag size spoon's at the LOTSA and forgot about asking what size treble hooks they run as they were just the blank spoons that I purchased.  Anyone know what size typically comes with or works with these?   I emailed and called NK but no answer - they might be busy making spoons :)  

Bought a bunch of NK 28 and NK mag size spoon's at the LOTSA and forgot about asking what size treble hooks they run as they were just the blank spoons that I purchased.  Anyone know what size typically comes with or works with these?   I emailed and called NK but no answer - they might be busy making spoons :)  

Not busy making spoons. I believe NK closed up shop!

Capn Vince is correct 1/0  28    ,2/0 mag. I use EC LS 374.Best hook for the money IMO  . I think that was the original stock  hooks on them.I Use them on fly harnesses,Squids, J plug harnesses . Smaller on cranks & sticks. I have a lot of confidence in them .Size / Style changes action so be aware.

I get the hooks where I can local but I got some bulk  at B&E last year, Saw some at Gander yesterday. Bulk at

cabals. Guy from NK had bulk at the show in Lockport last year. 25 at B& E were about 7 bucks last  I got them .

Some of the VMC, Gams & the likes are 1 buck a piece,a little much for me.

I've always used single Mustad Siwash salmon triple or five X stainless hooks (mostly 2/0 and 3/0) on all my lures except stick baits. Seldom lose any fish with them over the years and easier to sharpen if necessary, They come VERY sharp, VERY durable and never had any bends despite big chinooks manhandling them. They seem to snag less on grass in shallow water too. On the downside they are relatively expensive when you change out several hundred lures :) Luckily I've been able to do it over they years and bought them in hundred packs.

post-145411-0-03967700-1362172141_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Has anyone tried single hooks on these? Did you get any more action at slower speeds with the reduced weight?

yep.  I use the 3/0 siwash, sticky sharp.  I've found that trolling a little faster with a single hook on NK's is better. :)

Tom B.

(LongLine)