Good News from Shark Cannonballs

Billy V

I just put my order in, goin on the probe rigger. Thanks for the heads up billy!

Come on Spring!!

I feel like im on a road trip, is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?

Jax

The best news is that Shark has severed their ties with Sea Pearls, who was making the Sharks for them lat year. This year they're going back to making them in Canada by hand again and the resulting quality will be much higher.

The best news is that Shark has severed their ties with Sea Pearls, who was making the Sharks for them lat year. This year they're going back to making them in Canada by hand again and the resulting quality will be much higher.

That's great news! I have to buy 2 more this year. Will the average price per unit be remaining about the same, do you know?

Yep sure has, I also talked with Ed the Sharkman about just this, lead prices across the board have taken a steep jump, we went from purchasing all the lead we needed in a season at prices under .50/lb., (60 to 75% yield) to not being able to get what we need for a season paying close to double or in some cases more, any good leads on bulk lead of any kind drop me an E Mail, may be worth us checking out:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Ed's hands were pretty much tied, selling Sharks direct was a comfertable option unless you expected the consumer to take the hit and pay large percentages more for the product !

Tom

Fishinman,

I think you're gonna see even your "regular round cannon ball at $25-30" costing double or triple that much this year unless you find some old inventory somewhere. The cost of lead has just gone thru the roof.

:(:(

I'm curious, how much of these rising costs do you guys think is tied to the cost of a barrel of oil????

Billy, I mentioned this on the downrigger weight thread on GLA. The cost of all metals is skyrocketing, primarily because with the way the Chinese Ecomony is skyrocketing, they are buying up every bit of metal they can. Lead in particular to accommodate shielding needs in all of the new nuclear power facilities they are building.

Scrap copper is getting somewhere between $3 and $4 a pound now at the scrapyards. I heard the other day that Lead has gone up to a buck a pound, up from $.20 to $.30 a pound several years ago.

Oil prices probably have something to do with it, but the global demand for metals is what is really driving it.

Tim

the price of all metals are going up. its hurting everyone, i work in a foundry that makes fire hydrants. between the brass,steel and iron. we have to do price increase twice a year to keep up with the raising prices. lead i usually can get for free when companies return old hydrants. the worst is aluminum. last i knew it was around 40 dollars a pound. and its all because the countries over seas buying everything they can get there hands on.

the price of all metals are going up. its hurting everyone, i work in a foundry that makes fire hydrants. between the brass,steel and iron. we have to do price increase twice a year to keep up with the raising prices. lead i usually can get for free when companies return old hydrants. the worst is aluminum. last i knew it was around 40 dollars a pound. and its all because the countries over seas buying everything they can get there hands on.

Well, you can't blame them. We're slowly losing all our manufacturing in this country. It the rate it's going, we're gonna be as dependent on all overseas manufacturing as we are on the oil producing scum that's ripping us off. This country was among the top manufacturing and farming countries till we started allowing cheap spin-offs with low import taxes. It's about time our politicians wised up and started charging taxes accordingly for imports.

Furthermore, what ever happened to making a buck based on volume sales. McDonalds did it and look how they did. If more companies did that instead of trying to make the high buck on everything they'd sell a lot more and everyone would be happy.

Would you like a McLure with that order? :lol:

One of the biggest problems started a few years back when China went into major strip mining of coke, a coal like product used to smelt ores into steel and other types of metals. They flooded the world market with so much cheap coke, that many coke mines around the world couldn't compete and closed down. China then stopped the exports and put their own steel smelting plants into overdrive.

As a result the cost of coke is super high ( if you can buy it at all ) which slows Western steel production and drives up prices.... but don't worry, China has plenty of cheap $hit metals to sell us.......

I build injection molds for a living and material costs change daily. If you think lead is bad, try pricing a few thousand pounds of high quality 420 or 440 stainless steel...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: