Slow morning on the river

Kevin J Legg

Headed up by Waddington in the morning to give it a try. I hope its as good as last Friday if not better. I still wanna get down to the river around the bay some morning and also give it a try my  around cape or clayton. It seems like it should start getting good and maybe a little shallower  fishing.

Went up north to Waddington this morning didn't fair to well, we fished from about 6am to 12:30pm,  me and one other guy in my boat , I caught one smallie around 3lbs he caught a couple gobies. My other buddy had two guys in his boat they caught one eye, one smallie and a 36" muskie. We didn't fair to good on the eyes thats what we were after. We ran into a local and he ask us how we were doing and we told him it was slow, he said I got a  couple if you want them you are more than welcome to take them, very nice of him. When I got home I cleaned them and to my surprise one had eggs in it maybe that is normal but I am thinking not. We trolled and drifted worm harnesses I ask him what he was using and he said rapalas. Naturally I did not have any with me, he was in about 8 fow to about 14 fow maybe I will have to go back next Friday with more of an arsenal.