Otisco 6-21 slow night but no skunk

Got out early tonight, with fellow lou member jonathan, to make sure my spot was my spot. As a result i knew we had at least 2 hours of bass before the eyes would be there. It ended up taking 3. We had a lot of bait boiling all night and a steady pick of decent to good bass, with the biggest about 20 inches. Im pretty sure he thought i was crazy when i kept telling him that we didnt need to change lures or location and just keep casting. Finally after every boat on the lake quit the eyes turned on right where i had him set up and he banged 2 nice eyes, a 5 and a 6 pounder. I lost 1 and hammered bass. There was definitely more eyes around but we couldnt get them to go. Tonight was the first night in a month that i didnt land an eye, but i was glad the 2 we got were his. As fun as they are to catch i love to hear "thats the biggest walleye ive ever caught!" from a guest. Action was definitely a bit off, but patience and persistence paid off as usual! I hope tomorrow picks up, but walleye fishing is never easy! If it was i wouldnt do it!

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-14033390499971_thumb.jpg

Fishing at Lake Erie have you ever done any jigging for the eyes? It seems that once you get them located that you could do well if you had the right bait and did some deep water casting. Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United. Pj100h

Fishing at Lake Erie have you ever done any jigging for the eyes? It seems that once you get them located that you could do well if you had the right bait and did some deep water casting. Any thoughts on this?

These eyes dont school up in deep water. They are very scattered unless there is bait boiling in shallow water. Then they end up schooled there. If you can get yourself anchored exactly right....bingo! Takes some fishing to get consistent catching...ill be trolling soon...till the end of September and casting at night will produce the very best fishing of the year here. 7-9 pound averages are possible! Not bad for a 5 mile by 3/4 mile lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United. Pj100h

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We had an even slower night last night...1 eye and a few bass! Found fish but couldnt get them to go. Weeds were tough where the fish were! A buddy got a nice tiger on the west side, but I havent seen pics yet or found out if he found any eyes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app