I rang the dinner bell again...

ERABBIT

I rang the dinner bell again...shot a woodchuck down by the barn and left him for the critters......

A lone turkey vulture showed up first.....then they were waiting in line on the roof of the barn....looked out later and

A red tail hawk was out here fighting with the turkey vultures for the wood chuck , they chased him away then later he was back eating again………….I had to make a phone call and did and was getting ready to go out…. and see the eagle down there………… get the good camera out and shaking like I’m shooting a huge buck but I got some good pictures and missed some great shot because I didn’t know how to switch fast enough………

003_zps06614be5.jpg

013_zps77793942.jpg

020_zps40db92b9.jpg

021_zps8e161de0.jpg

022_zps4ff918a3.jpg

024_zps6b796f81.jpg

026_zpsf4b7680d.jpg

Thanks everyone....enjoy..... I should have got the movie camera out and taped the fighting going on with the hawk , then between the vultures.... it was funny !!!!!.....also to watch the lone vulture walk in on the woodchuck..... look left.....look right.....take a step....stop ....look left....look right....took him a few minutes to be sure it was dead and no one or thing was going to get him........LOL

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to save one of the photos, crop it and use it as a screen saver on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Go ahead that makes my day...... I know I could do better if I use that camera more.....

Nice pic! Wood Chuck was on the menu for everyone at your place:) When we pulled out of the canal a couple days ago to go fishing at south end of Seneca. A big eagle was sitting in the willow at the salt plant. That made for a good start to the morning.

They are great to see....... we been seeing one or two up this way and every no and then a osprey....... over by Dean Cove in the power line is a huge nest like you see along 5 & 20 going to BassPro ..... pretty sure that they are osprey nest also...... 

• 3 weeks later...