Mountain lion

Dylan585

Eatsleeptrout, it's *******'s like you that are causing young people to stop fishing and hunting. I try sharing something that I found interesting and something I wanted opinions on and you decided to turn into a complete dick. Please think hard about your life that your saying all of this and being so rude to a 17 year old. Please have a wonderful life

I had to chime in on this. Good for you Dylan for you comment to trout guy. People like that ( experts that know all) is exactly why our younger generation is not getting in the sport.  Is all my woods and water. lol Shame on him and all others who posted in ur deer pic section. We should be role models and fello sportsmen to our youth.  I have gotten into huntin on my own an not everyone has a mentor to share and show them their knowledge. How do you learn if you don't ask questions?  Remember we were all younge once.  Congrats on ur first deer. From a fello sportsman!

Edited by bettieanne

keep em coming  Dylan...some of us old farts enjoy your post and Thank You for sharing your adventures.....some might say im full of crap if i said i push sharks outa the way so i can get to my lobster spots ,or hand feed 200 lb fish in the wild...or have rode a sea turtle bare back....but i have .......

looking at my spot      post-139681-0-00572800-1418838381_thumb.jpg

giving the shark the stink eye   post-139681-0-86574200-1418838472_thumb.jpg

now for the lobster       post-139681-0-37697000-1418838536_thumb.jpg

Saw a couple of sea turtles while snorkeling off St. Johns Island about 5 years ago, very cool!  We had disposable underwater cameras for the trip, but wouldn't you know it that was the one time i didn't bring it out with me snorkeling.

eatssleepstrout what was wrong with the deer pic. he posted. and what is your problem with this young man. get over it and move on. we are tired of you

Edited by rod hog

eatssleepstrout what was wrong with the deer pic. he posted. and what is your problem with this young man. get over it and move on. we are tired of you

What Dave said,Amen!! Nothing wrong with his deer or what he is trying to do here on this thread. Seems like you (eatsleeptrout ) have a problem with everyone and every topic on this site!? Don't get it.........

yes pretty harmless but when you grab their tail they have plenty of power  and teeth,so ya have to make shure they can get out and away from ya,same with the goliath grouper  (no teeth) just a strong fish,biggest grouper i played with was close to 400 lbs .the one in the video was only in the 200 lb size.did have a 12 ft bull shark wolf down a 30 lb grouper about 10 ft from me..in about the time it takes to blink a eye..good thing im fat and ugly...this year im gonna take my camera on more dives......save yer pennies  and come down...........

Ray, you should write a book.  Never a dull moment with you.

I am ready to concede that unicorns probably do not exist.  However, I am still holding out on the idea that there could be mountain lions (or subspecies) within the appalachins.  It is plausible so I will hold onto my fairytale.

BTW (sidenote) my wife mistook a bunch of black heffers running through the pasture as a herd of buffalo.  Most likely because her smarta$$ husband   :mooning:  told her that's what they were.  Point being, gullible people (ie kids) will believe what you tell them and if you tell them that there are mountain lions in them there hills they will usually grow up to believe it.  (Its called Faith)  I have been duped many times and it is because I looked up to the people who played me.

Dawsonscreek did a great job outlining the issues concerning the possibility of mountain lions actually inhabiting NYS and obviously put some time and energy into researching it. That should stand as the current state of knowledge of the situation. As mentioned a stray mountain lion passing through is possible (but not highly probable) but it is very different to have an ongoing and viable breeding population which some have believed the anecdotal reports throughout the state suggest.  It would seem to me it could be "put to rest" at this point.

Ray's exploits in Florida seem a lot more interesting at this point :lol: