Looking for snow?  I have as much as your heart desires.  It is free to anyone that comes to pick it up.  I am sure my neighbors will be happy to offer theirs if I run out.  Hurry up, because it may start melting with the weekend warmup (and then I will be giving away flooding waters)!

--Joe

I hate that it may come to this, but I am thinking I may need to try to siphon gas from my boat to fill the snow blower later today.  I have gone through all of my reserves and the gas station near me is completely out of gas.

As for moving, it is very tempting until I start thinking about how great we all have it for fishing resources.  Where else can I go an hour north for great trout and salmon (ontario), a 15 minute drive down the street for walleye and small mouth bass (erie), inland (chautauqua) or the upper niagara for awesome musky, and still be close to drive to the St. Lawrence for potential world record musky...I just can't leave that!

How often do you get hit with storms like that one?

We get some good snow storms every year that will usually shut down the town for a day, but nothing like this!  I have heard many people comparing it to the blizzard of '77 for what it has done to the city.  They are saying the worst hit areas should see close to 100" of snow.  I think Buffalo's average snowfall for the year is only about 93".

In my younger years (last year) I would have tried to clean the truck off and blast thru it all. haha looks like you need a snowmobile not a truck...

It is tempting!  I am going stir-crazy being stuck in the house.  I just want them to lift the travel ban so I can run for a cup of Tim Hortons (ha.  my priorities are not straight).  You actually do see a few snowmobiles driving up and down the road.

Big news because of this blast hitting the Buffalo area...........semi-common occurance up on the Tug Hill............every winter.....plces like Montague, Lorraine, Barnes Corners..........plowed snowbanks 5/8 up to the telephone wires.

No national news coverage in regards to those folks getting buried.........again,every winter.

Big news because of this blast hitting the Buffalo area...........semi-common occurance up on the Tug Hill............every winter.....plces like Montague, Lorraine, Barnes Corners..........plowed snowbanks 5/8 up to the telephone wires.

No national news coverage in regards to those folks getting buried.........again,every winter.

I totally agree, Fish Hunter.  I have friends that live up that way.  Buffalo has been labeled the "snowiest city", but we pale in comparison to the Northern areas of NY (east of Lake O)!

It must take forever to clear a path with a snow blower.  They are designed to rid an area of snow maybe 2' high, but when the snow is 3 foot over top of the auger, that's just not right!!

My method of snow blowing was to drive into the snow pile, let it blow to the side, back up to let the top of that bank fall down and then snow blow it again.  It worked, but took forever!  A good amount of people have not even started to snow blow yet!!!

very true! I know Redfield averages around 300 inches year, awesome place to snowmobile.

Nalod, is that all you got? If anyone wants real free snow come to Lancaster/Alden area. Theres much more, its free & you won't have to travel as far! lol We have the record 84" now & more on the way! I've been clearing snow & shoveling roofs for 3 days. Enough already!

Nalod, is that all you got? If anyone wants real free snow come to Lancaster/Alden area. Theres much more, its free & you won't have to travel as far! lol We have the record 84" now & more on the way! I've been clearing snow & shoveling roofs for 3 days. Enough already!

Did your road get plowed out yet, lineman?  I have a friend that lives off of walden that saw the plow for the first time since the start of the storm this afternoon.

You guys deliver?????

If so, take it down to South Carolina! :)

I hope you realize this doesn't count in the Syracuse-Rochester-Buffalo snowfall derby.  :shake:  It ain't even winter yet!

(Good luck with it - don't overdo it. Too many people get hurt moving that stuff.)

Tom B.

(LongLine)