When do we get the PARTY STARTED?

Hello,

I am getting sick and tired of looking at my covered boat parked behind my shed!!  I picked up a 19' Blue Fin a couple of years ago and have spent the last two years updating it for fishing and family cruising.  The boat is a blast for me but unfortunately I seem to spend more time tinkering around with it than I do actually running it due to my work schedule.

Now that I have a decent GPS/Fish finder and some hand cranking down riggers, poles, reels and a big net, I was wondering how early some guys go out in the spring espicially in the Genessee or Iron Bay and how they fish those types of waters in March and April.  I am a beginner at this kind of fishing so any advice and reccomendations would be most welcome!!

Stay warm my friends,

SH   

It'll be good to see another Bluefin at the Genny.  Mine's 18 ft.  Weather permitting & the launch has been cleared, end of March should do the trick.. Make sure you watch out for debris in the fast current.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 3 weeks later...

I spent my first 20 years salmon fishing out of a Blue Fin- we sold it a few years ago but a lot of good memories in that boat.... and a lot of really wet runs out to the bar in it.  If you didn't feel like showering that day, just go about 20-25 mph in anything over 1.5 footers and you'd get all the water you want.