Yotes

I've been doing this for seven years, since I bought this house. I've been shooting them ever since.

It's amazing how many coyotes and fox are in the area. Perfect habitat I guess. Seems like there's more all the time. I used to have a lot more turkeys around but if anything I think the small game population is declining. Oh well, going to keep shooting.

Hi whaler1.Mother nature is on the coyote's side. The more we have tried  to wipe them out in US, the more they prosper, thrive, and branch out ,expanding their range .They will begin to mature and breed much younger and have much larger litters when their numbers  are threatened in an area they want to live .

Edited by choo-choo

One needs to keep in mind that coyotes are more or less an invasive species to most of this country. There native range is the southwest part if US. They filled vacumn left by absence of wolves. Where wolves have been re introduced there numbers are on a big decline.

Killed a fox at midnight last night and had two yotes on the pile this morning. Hit one hard, good blood trail but my son hasn't been able to track it down yet. 300 yards through dense red brush is tough stuff. post-150305-14536502846508_thumb.jpg

Breeding pair. Urine with blood in it. Tracked it for a long time and they stayed together. Crossed the marsh in an area I don't trust the ice. They didn't do that by accident. We almost lost a man (and did lose a dog ) some years back on lake Leroy. One of my sons nearly drowned rescuing a man that tried to get to the dog that fell through pursuing the yote. Not worth it.