Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
backoneerie2016

Opening day of walleye season!

I have given it I try out in front of the fort with no luck. I have been asking that question for years, lol. The only thing I have heard is there are some in the river. I have read articles about trophy size fish coming outa the Niagara but  verbaly haven't heard much. I have asked several charter captains over the years but didn't get muc back. Give it a try, they gota be there some where. I just wasn't abel to locate them. Think its kept pretty quiet

I understand the Oswego River to be a premier Walleye fishery, especially early season. There'll be nighttime charters stacked in there thick for a few weeks. I've scoped it out from shore while in town but never fished it. There's a TON of good looking shore access.

Edited by bosco

I've fished oswego for years, but it's also been about 3 years since I went there for walleye. I will say it can be an interesting place. There definitely are walleye there, but also can be alot of boats and people lined up on the wall. I've never caught a 10 lbr there, but have seen a few. I've caught a bunch in the 24-27" but none of the 28-30" class. Good luck, and if a troller catches your line, do not try to be nice, just reel hard and try to break them off, that's the oswego way....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We caught 4 walleyes over 10 lbs. one night. An three 15 lb. Browns another. I haven't fished it in a couple years. I'm going to fish Quinte with a group of friends this weekend.

Silly fisherman there are no walleye in Lake O!  :bandit: