OAK ORCHARD MONTHLY FISHING TOURNAMENT

With the tremendous response we have recieved from the Friday "Prefishing Tournaments" before each of the ProAms, the Orleans Pro Am Committee has decided to host a MONTHLY fishing tournament out of Oak Orchard in July, August and September. Proceeds from this tournament will go directly to the ProAm fund to benefit the tournament and all of the local businesses that support it.

We have incredible fishing out of the OAK this summer and we feel this is the perfect time to introduce this fun tournament to EVERYONE. All prizes will be paid in CASH and payouts will be based on the number of entries. We MUST have a minimum of ten boats for the event to go off so get your entries in today.

Charter boats as well as rec boats are encouraged to participate. Since only three fish can be weighed in ANY boat has as much chance to win as any one else. A prime example of this is the huge success Rod and Team Lucky Enuff had in Oswego last week against some of the best charter captains on the lake.

If you will not arrive in Oak Orchard until late Friday or early Saturday you can still get in by calling me at 716-390-0085.

OAK ORCHARD MONTHLY FISHING

TOURNAMENT

RULES

The rules are very simple:

Entry deadline is Saturday, July 26th at 6:30 AM and the entry fee is $100.00 per boat. You may register at Lake Breeze Marina, 4 C's Marina, Narby's or Captains Cove

---NO OBSERVERS---

---Only trout and salmon may be weighed in

---Heaviest 3 fish (one entry per team)

---No more than 3 fish in a cooler

---Fish must be caught on Saturday, July 26th

---Fish may not be altered in any way (such as adding weight)

Weigh in between 1 and 3:30 PM at Captain's Cove with Awards Ceremony immediately following

---All awards will be paid in CASH!!

Winning entrants MUST be present at Awards Ceremony to win

See you on the water at the Oak this weekend. Good luck to everyone and remember.......YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T ENTER!

Paul

Free Spirit

Great idea Paul. We were just talking about how there arent many of these on the West end this weekend. There are 3 on the East end, which have turned out to be a great gig for the local businesses.

The date for the August event is Saturday August 16th and the September event will take place on Saturday September 6th.

The fish must be caught out of Oak Orchard--just like in the Pro/Am Prefish Tourneys. We're doing this to promote Oak Orchard and the businesses that support the Pro/Am. Although we really have no way of making sure that all fish are actually caught out of Oak Orchard (no observers) we really hope everyone will be above board with this. You're on the honor system----don't abuse it......please.

See you on the water!

Paul

Great Idea Paul....and I agree that anyone can win these.

I just learned a valuable lesson in the Sodus Pre fish derby that I will share with you all. I fished this past Friday tourney with Nick (Bobs Boy) in preparation for the Pro Am. Having no idea how the fishing would be, we boxed our first 3 kings so we would at least have a full box. After that we released a couple smaller fish and then boxed an 11 lbish brown. We then caught our second largest of the day, so we put that in the cooler to put us at 5 fish. We then went into catch and release mode since we had only 2 guys on the boat and could only keep 6 fish.

As the day went on, we sorta lost track of what size our early fish were (they were laying under the bigger fish) , and released a couple larger ones thinking the early fish were bigger than they actually were. We finished in 11th place....one spot out of the money by ounces. We ended up only keeping the 5, but had we kept one of the young teenagers we released, we would have finished as high as 7th or 8th.

What I learned is to weigh every fish I put in the cooler and write it down. This way I can make an informed decision when we decide to release a fish.

Support these touneys and have a great time....they are alot of fun!!!!

GREAT NEWS for you guys in Sandy. I ran it by the committee and everyone agreed that Sandy Creek will be included in Saturday's tournament and the August and September events as well.

Please remember though, you MUST register with CASH only and only at one of the four registration sites in Oak Orchard. You must also weigh in there and be present for the award ceremony in order to collect your cash.

Good luck! Let's make this monthly tournament a GREAT one!

Paul

Prize structure will depend on the number of entrants but will be a graduated breakdown the same as it was for the Niagara and Orleans Friday Tournaments.

We are hoping to generate some much needed funds for the ProAm with these events so we will probably allocate 10% to the ProAm with the remaining 90% being distributed on a graduated scale down through, at least, 5th place. If we get enough entries (30 or more) we will pay down 10 places.

The sooner you get your entry in, the sooner I can give you a prize structure.

Paul

You can sign up for each of the tournaments as late as 6:30 AM THE DAY OF the tournament. Keep in mind, however, that not ALL sites will be open that early. I know Lake Breeze Marina will be open and the restaurant at 4 C's "should" be as well but the tackle shops sometimes like to "sleep in"...LOL.

If you cannot possibly get to one of the sites on time you can still get in by calling my cell phone at 716-390-0085. If you are going to do that, though, there better be $100 CASH in my hand the second your boat comes to a stop or Guido and Vinny will "pay you a visit"!

Good luck to everyone in BOTH ports!

My vacation week just coincides with the fall loc and the 16th. As a birthday present my wife has agreed to fish the one day tourney. :D:D:D with me. My only question is how are they going to park everyone at captains cove? Maybee have the ceremony somewhere else? Just a thought. - Mick (at times I'm told it's scary when I think)- Rock ON