Spin and glow question

I'll preface my question by saying I have never seen a spin and glow or a peanut so it may very well be a crazy idea.  Can you stack a spin n glow or peanut above a set of cowbells?  Here at home, we run cow bells off the downrigger ball and stack a lure 3 feet up and 12ish feet back.  That we we aren't fighting the bells.  We use spoons so I'm not sure how effective the others would be.

Edited by JDK

You can but running it in back of the cowbells and attached to them is the more effective approach..Both methods might attract fish but the idea is to have it seem as though the peanut or Spin N Glow is something vulnerable or wounded following the attractors. If things appear unrelated it may spook the fish rather than attract it. If you use the Hammerhead cowbells you won't be fighting them that much either.

Edited by Sk8man

Anything is possible. I run the big cowbells off the ball with a clip off the cowbells and a short lead to the peanut or spinny. Catches just the same but now your only fighting the wet sock not a wet sock and the resistance of the cowbell. keep in mind lakers are lakers, they aint the most elusive fish of the bunch. 

2 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

If you are using the cowbells and spin n glos or peanuts correctly, you will be wasting your time running a stacked spoon above it. 

I think my question isn't worded correctly.  We run nothing off the cowbells and stack a spoon above it.  I was wondering if you could do the same with a peanut or SnG.

Edited by JDK

1 hour ago, JDK said:

I think my question isn't worded correctly.  We run nothing off the cowbells and stack a spoon above it.  I was wondering if you could do the same with a peanut or SnG.

Hammerhead makes cowbells that are inlines and attach to your rigger cable.  Check out his website.