Slow weekend 5/20/17 & 5/21/17

Chas0218

Slow weekend 5/20/17 & 5/21/17

Fished this past weekend, it was a little on the slow side. I managed 3 for the whole weekend and 2 big jack perch. Eyes were 4lbs. and 6lbs. perch were 13" and 10". Bay rat, and Thunderstick Jr. were the hot baits. Water level is super high still, front was coming through so I would imagine that is what contributed to the slow bite. Had a couple buddies out there that got skunked so I didn't feel too bad with the low numbers. Had a few nice runs then off. All in all it was nice to be out on the water again first time since last September so I was due for some fish! The bit wasn't really consistent caught 1 around 4pm on Saturday, and the other 2 between 9am and 12pm. Heading back up on Friday to get at her again for the long weekend, hoping I can get my son out there with me and get him on a fish or 2. He almost has the reeling down just needs some help with the the rod.

Resized952017052195161044.jpg

20160408_171207.jpg

That still better than nothing, I had heard it was tough with a front coming through which I heard put some more liquid sunshine on the lake and surrounding grounds, just what the doctor ordered :tmi:

58 minutes ago, EYE SPY said:

Bite was definitely tough all weekend. We were lucky enough to land 4 on Saturday. 2@7lbs, one just over 10lbs, and one just over 11lbs. We were in a small derby pretty much between local guys and tough fishing was the word from everyone. Never moved a rod Sunday.
IMG951978.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's a beauty of a fish.

Well, I don't feel too bad after 10 hours out there yesterday with a single perch and a run on a spoon then gone. Tomorrow is looking like a nice day, I'll get after it at daybreak tomorrow then pick up the wife for sunset fish.

Nice fish guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, reeleyz said:

That is a great pic with your son. Teach em young.

Thanks, he was loving it. I was taking the rod leaning back going big fish and he tried to reel like mad. He was still a little uncoordinated for it though.

The games have begun here...we had a decent pick all weekend, but we were fishing at night and i was only casting.  This morning was my first morning troll and 2-3 isnt too bad.  My first daylight fish of the year.  Absolutely beautiful out here right now!!!

I was just telling someone yesterday how much fun I had night fishing with you.  I am just too old to work all day, drive 1.5hr, fish all night, drive 1.5hr, and work all day again.  Going to have to work in a vacation day or two but I have started getting that itch again.  That was enjoyable.