I use the black plastic coated 6" steel leaders when targeting northerns. When bass fishing I tie jigs directly to line which does occasionally result in breakoffs when a northern grabs it but I like to finesse fish for bass by popping and dropping the jig while retrieving and it will occasionally get fouled with the leader. 

I'm out of state and used the NY decals.dec.ny.gov  website to order my 7-day fishing license with no problem. When I ordered my son's license, the web browser never returned and I can't print his license. It shows active in the DEC system. If we get stopped on the water by a warden would showing his license via dec website on a phone be acceptable?

They warn about this problem on website but don't offer a workaround. At the same time I can't purchase another license online as it says it overlaps in dates.

Edited by fishlover

Just for what it's worth. Tried to rent a boat at the Clayton marina for multiple days and

they never responded the first time. A few weeks later tried again for just one day and they  they told me no boats available.  Really poor business on their end as they would have made money off me. I would have rented for several  days at ~ 300/day.

Eventually I'll buy a boat when I retire and keep it up there during the summers. Renting boats is really expensive.

Edited by fishlover

Rent ur boat from seaway slips in clayton..... way cheaper, great folks to deal with, and nice little 18' crestliners. Nothing fancy but affordable and reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Big Johnson - Do you find the bite is better when the water is calmer versus windy weather. It seems to be the case for me. I mean at 40 feet down, I'd think boat traffic wouldn't matter, unless it moves your line?

Edited by fishlover

IMG_3639.thumb.JPG.ed25c5e723d89c447c181400bcc5146a.JPG

Tough to see in this pic both tails have them. The bottom fish has one right where the tail meets the body.

They are those gray lines on the top fish tail. I wish I saved one of them. They looked like little worms but they were attached by the mouth and looked just like mini lampreys.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app