Inline or big boards for copper

Hard-pulling boards. Add 5' of mono between your copper and backing. Clip it into a Scotty Power Release. One per side unless you're a serious risk addict. Catch kings like nobody's business.

Copper is already not much fun to fight fish on.  Why add an inline to it?  I run mine off of

Otter boats with duel keels. 

As with everything we do on the lake we all have different ways of catching fish. We do what works for each of us. Having the board on the line is really not an issue if its tripped and hanging. It also gives you the ability to usually clear it from wire divers by just letting it go when you get a wild fish heading for it. There's 10 ways to skin a cat. 

You can get away running say a 300 copper off the smaller walleye boards (if it isn't too rough water) but longer than that better to run from big boards if that is what is desired. With that said I run leadcores from walleye boards. and run a single copper down the chute in between the riggers with better results. I don't use any coppers longer than 300 ft and add weights where needed.

Edited by Sk8man

Boards hands down.  You would only use inlines if you don't have the auxiliary systems to handle boards.  Inlines are a pain when a fish is on.  You're fighting the board more than the fish, and often if the fish can outrun the board, you can get slack on the hook and lose the fish.

Boards is a much better fishing experience.