SENECA 1-03-09 SOUTH END............

Jason and myself hit so end at odarkthirty other guy overslept . we had to clear the ramp, and off to the fishes .First was a 17 in landlock top line off the small board ,then we were taking smallarms fire from all directions (duck season).We sorta stirred up the ducks and that was good for the hunters but not the ducks.couple hours in good water then a 15 mph wind from the north kept us under cover and hands on the wheel till we quit. (3:oo) .not a super day but a good normal winter fishing trip looked  for the good surface bite for 3or4 hrs then went into the laker mode.did maybe a dozen landlocks only 2 keeper size,and around 30 lakers fron 3lb to my big whopper of almost 8 lbs many 4to 5 lbers.ill post a couple pics after i cook some fish..............gx2akKx0.jpgPq1KYcpi.jpg[/ur

aV1VVAfS.jpg

aV1R2vdS.jpg

aV1R2MGS.jpg

Pq1KZAIi.jpg

not exatly buffy weather,frozen bush on the breakwall,nav aid (nun) little to warm still for me to jump on the ice..40.deg top temp .Siggs rigs Flys were hot today behind tourny gr/chartruce edge spinny 80 down or 225 on the wire at 2.5 sett.speed in the 2.5 to 3.0 range was best

fishing today was like the deadliest catch... ray had me out on the bow pounding ice off the boat. all in the mean time i was hitting the dirt as we was approaching gun fire. all in all it was a fun day on the water.

as long as its above 25 deg (shift linkage gets tight if colder).ive done the 15 deg stuff but with a io it take a few more min .to get ready and the south end ramp can be frozen.winter is the way to go if you want fish and no jet skies.ther is usually room for more on my boat if ya wanna jump on sometimes

Nice haul gents! Is winter fishing an early morning bite or do the fish heat up as the temps go up as the sun rises? You can include me in on a Sunday if you plan on hitting Canandaigua. The grouse hunting has been spotty and I am getting cabin fever. :P:P

There are two launches that I am aware of. The north end has a town launch, but probably will be ice locked. The south end near Naples has the other, that should be Ice free now. The better fishing for me has been on the southern 2/3 's of the lake. Same stuff that works on Seneca. Flasher,dodgers/flys, spoons, peanuts, seth green rigs etc.

Ray, do you keep your Islander in a heated shop? I don't think my 97' 4.0 would be very happy trying to start right now. I do get up at 3:30 every day though if you need a 3rd, ice fishing just isn't keeping the monkey off my back!

mike ,fish are concentrated in 70 to 80 ft but can be got in whole water colum best to stay over 100 to 150 ft water but again there every where so i would hunt in 100 to 250 depths on west side was best .....Thanks rick....Chowder no to a heated shop thats only a dream for me,a moter is a moter couple pumps on the throttle to squirt in some fuel and set the choke and it fires right up just like any car would..where ya at

You guys are outta control!!! I must have just missed ya! I drove up 414 on the way home from North Carolina Sat. at about 3:30 Looked like some nice rollers out of the north...would have been nice at my end! My boat still has a hole in the transom. I hope to get an engine in it by the Trout derby!

Way to hit the lake first in '09! :clap::party: