My new killers.. What you think?

Do you really think , the fish cares what end the eyes are on ? when he is coming at it like a freight train . Mouth open and total destruction and a full belly is all it has on it's tiny little brain :$

Great job on the spoons from a new guy :yes:

Fish attack bait fish head on or at a diagonal angle. Bait fish will almost always be found head first in the stomach of a Predator fish. It does not matter what species of fish you are dealing with- fish almost always attack head on. For several reasons; but one main reason- attacking a fish from behind will give the fish problems sallowing and transporting the fish to the stomach, because the bony, spiny parts of fins will create problems along the digestive tract.

As for the debate about where the eyes are located on the spoon- The "Lazer Spook" spoon; the eyes are located on the swivel end of the spoon. The "42 Second" spoon; the eyes are located on hook end of the spoon. Both are great proven spoons.

I will say that I am much more knowledgeable when it comes to anatomy of fish (studying marine biology for 6 years as an undergrad and grad student) than when it comes to catching them. But I do a pretty good job of pulling fish from all the great lakes.

Ray- I do not doubt that probably 90% of the members here know more about fishing techniques than I do. But what I can tell you, is that what I wrote in my previous post comes straight from the mouths of people who have studied fish extensively their entire lives, not just some high school biology teacher- guys that have their PhD's and know more about fish anatomy and physiology than 99.9 percent of anyone on the planet.

I do not understand why I should save my wind when I can correctly make a point, and with all due respect, have the education to know the correct answer. As for showing me how to get more fish on board, I am all ears for that!

I agree with your post im relativly new to lake ontario so i go to the most experienced people i can for my fishing info which happens to be some old time charters outa the oak.I ant got no collage egabucation but have seen many videos and wildlife shows to form my opinions along with imput from more experenced fisherpersons.when i examine bait without hardly a scale missing in a belly of a fish i know it went in there clean head first . I say save your wind cause over the years no matter what you say based on fact or experiance someone will toss up a argument . Ive got lures with eyes on both ends and they both work but empty releases (no one home) have become less frequent under certian conditions.BUT keep the facts comming cause ima willing to learn from yours and others experence. As i say........................................>>>>>>>