Fall silver kings (meat hunting)

Hey guys, 

Bowen and I snuck out on the local Lund for some fall king action. next years class of fish is looking SOLID.

Its always nice getting out for ourselves and catching our limit.. Freezers full for the winter! 

sorry for hard righting on that first fish Bo... 

Heres the clip:

Thanks for watching,

Dan

Edited by danne134
  • Like 4

On 9/27/2019 at 7:15 PM, danne134 said:
Hey guys, 

Bowen and I snuck out on the local Lund for some fall king action. next years class of fish is looking SOLID.

Its always nice getting out for ourselves and catching our limit.. Freezers full for the winter! 

sorry for hard righting on that first fish Bo... 

Heres the clip:

Thanks for watching,

Dan

What rod are you running your Mooching reel on?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danne134 said:

It's made by TFO I found it when I was out west. I wish the butt end was longer but other than that it's a workhorse of a stick

I heard they made one, but I can't find it on their website. Is there another brand you like better?

• Like 1

Awesome video as always. A great way to promote the fishery!

I was most interested in you screens! In your experience is that typical to seethe Alewife  on the bottom this time of year off Toronto ?  I’m always curious about the timing of when Alewife head to bottom in fall/winter and if they stay on bottom once they are there  or if they are just finding the warmer water as  the lake flips. 

What was the final tally of Meat vs Rocket?

bw

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 8:21 AM, Yankee Troller said:

I heard they made one, but I can't find it on their website. Is there another brand you like better?

Il see if i can get you in contact with one of the guys at the shop to set you up. Ive not played around with many other rods but i used a 9ft tdr before i could buy the tfo and it fished perfectly fine! my buddy down the dock has an islander rod and they said its pretty fun on those rods too. 

wel be in touch

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 12:40 PM, schreckstoff said:

Awesome video as always. A great way to promote the fishery!

I was most interested in you screens! In your experience is that typical to seethe Alewife  on the bottom this time of year off Toronto ?  I’m always curious about the timing of when Alewife head to bottom in fall/winter and if they stay on bottom once they are there  or if they are just finding the warmer water as  the lake flips. 

What was the final tally of Meat vs Rocket?

bw

They get moved around pretty good with the winds i found.. more east wind for us in the west end and they push down.

i think it was pretty well even something like 7 on meat and 6 on rocket. pretty impressed!

Hope this helps!

Dan