Predator time

strutnrut62

On 1/3/2020 at 8:06 PM, Smat64 said:

Do you do anything to your trail cam to not miss the fur? I saw a nice fox walk by in the snow on a sunny day and no pics were taken.

Lower it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

light shining into the motion detector can affect your camera. make sure there is no relection off the snow into the camera i know some spots this is impossible so you will miss pics.

i was getting washed white pics on my Wildgames they are sensitive to light . 

angling the cam down and mounting high has really worked well for me and it gets the unnatural looking "flashing clump" off the ground they don't pic it up as easily

20190428_095403.jpg

Have had action in the backyard the past few nights but no shots. The Yote that’s been around is really skittish and when he was out it was snowing, couldn’t find him in the scope.

This guy was at one of the lease properties last night. IMG_0900.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Did a few sets Friday night. I decided to not take any shots and my partner pounded out a half a box, but nothing died. Got some cool thermal footage of an owl, got hit with alot of hot brass, called in some critters and had fun. Saw about 300 deer as well.

130 yards and it took minutes before he had a shot. They were dragging off one of the dead deer. Didn’t care about the white light, I think they thought the tree between us gave them some protection.
Great poke Tommy.

• Like 3

have a guy from Holley that comes and picks them up (as long as they dont have mange)

he skins them out and sells the pelts 

How come Tommy doesn't skin them out . Went to a fur action with a buddy that trap and I watch them buy fur of all types of critters. Was down by Lakeview New York. Would be able to buy more gun and fishing stuff lol .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I’m glad to give them away, he isn’t the neatest kid to begin with, I can’t imagine the mess and smell my barn would become if he did. Bad enough during turkey season lol.

Edited by whaler1
  • Like 1