Cleaning up a 1992 Baha 280 weekender

Hachimo

All the bottom paint is done.  Nothin like spending 3 hrs on ur back crawling around on gravel painting between rollers. Got more paint on me then the boat:lol:

Pulled her out of the garage to ensure solar panel is workin and all is good.  Great piece of mind knowing I have an alternative way to keep batteries charged. 

I just hope gas prices don’t skyrocket above $5 a gallon next summer and can still afford gas in this thing:swear:

7A5FB80E-9DB4-4C65-A7B2-C47F7B51FBFB.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lost a lure said:

Unfortunately gas prices will go up starting in January after what just happened. Hopefully not to $5 or more.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think theres gonna be record high prices for all forms of petroleum.  This guy wants to ween off fossil fuels. If that happens there will be alot of boats like ours out for sale becouse people won’t be able to afford to run them.  I’m absolutely sick over this election. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice work. I spent close to 100hrs sanding my 21ft proline this summer. It had multiple coats on and then barrier coat and then paint. This winter i plan on wetsanding outside like you did. You tend to appreciate the work better when doing it your self. Good job

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Thought I’d post some finished pics of my Baha after Its finished and ready to head north. Been a long winter and spent MANY hrs cleaning her up.  Think the old girl is lookin pretty sharp. Thank you fellas for all the help and imput.  Next pics there will be blood on the deck:dance:

0771949E-4B57-415D-A281-FFB8126C8E23.jpeg

B4BF770C-7119-4C1B-B59C-9F498FBD6D4D.jpeg

8563FD08-EC47-47A8-941C-A60645F41E65.jpeg

9CCDAAAA-1529-4A81-9526-498A29571437.jpeg

DB5F06A8-F542-4D02-AC50-56A3730DF10F.jpeg

28D05C8C-27DB-4477-B58E-469772048145.jpeg

E11C4244-761D-4710-BD2D-179472DA4595.jpeg

361FE2B1-1460-47FB-8E03-CA35E648B56A.jpeg

484C4D9F-ED91-4CE0-B527-6B7CF5454FA2.jpeg

17C47EB9-73F3-4299-8AAE-A732EDA1B678.jpeg

32D2D5CA-6E41-4BBC-BDA2-242F679C3600.jpeg

• Like 5

Hey Hachimo, if you've never operated a boat with twin inboards, here are a few suggestions.

When around the dock, launch, or in tight quarters, always keep the rudders straight and steer with the controls.

Specifically, docking or coming out of the slip, you can rotate by having one control in forward, the other in reverse. The direction of turn is dictated by which motor is in forward vs reverse.

Once the rudders aren't straight, it becomes more difficult to steer with the controls.

Dont be afraid to use the throttles if necessary, just remeber, a little goes a long way.

And keep in mind if your out in the lake in really big following seas, pull the trim tabs all the way up. If not, they will help push the bow down as you come over a wave and possibly stuff the bow.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Hachimo, if you've never operated a boat with twin inboards, here are a few suggestions.

When around the dock, launch, or in tight quarters, always keep the rudders straight and steer with the controls.

Specifically, docking or coming out of the slip, you can rotate by having one control in forward, the other in reverse. The direction of turn is dictated by which motor is in forward vs reverse.

Once the rudders aren't straight, it becomes more difficult to steer with the controls.

Dont be afraid to use the throttles if necessary, just remeber, a little goes a long way.

And keep in mind if your out in the lake in really big following seas, pull the trim tabs all the way up. If not, they will help push the bow down as you come over a wave and possibly stuff the bow.

And if you plan on keeping your boat in a slip, remember to always let your motors warm up to temp before leaving the dock. There is no worse feeling than drifting towards someone elses boat at their dock and not being able to do anything about it!

2 hours ago, Misdirection said:

And if you plan on keeping your boat in a slip, remember to always let your motors warm up to temp before leaving the dock. There is no worse feeling than drifting towards someone elses boat at their dock and not being able to do anything about it!

Appreciate the info.  Ran the boat a couple months last year. I run it like a skidsteer. Lol. So nice havin the twin screw, wind or current dont much matter just more throttle and dont move ur rutters.  I always let motors warm up. Usually fire them up when I get on then spend at 30 min gettin gear ready.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krystian said:

Awesome looking boat where did you go to get vinyl decals?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Been workin with a graphic designer here in NEPA to come up with design, then had a friend that owns a viyl/tinting bussiness print and install.  The design was expensive. $450. A little high IMO. But $250 for vinyl and install which i felt was resonable.  The logo is 6ftx4ft. Much bigger then they look

• Like 2

Hope you got some flys out of it[emoji16]

Been workin with a graphic designer here in NEPA to come up with design, then had a friend that owns a viyl/tinting bussiness print and install.  The design was expensive. $450. A little high IMO. But $250 for vinyl and install which i felt was resonable.  The logo is 6ftx4ft. Much bigger then they look

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

26 minutes ago, Terp said:

Your boat came out fantastic......... excellent job!

Now, don't be in too much of a hurry to get up here....... there's not a lot of water in the creek.......

I was up salmon country this weekend. Still 3ft low.  Another two weeks she’ll b in

3 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

I was up salmon country this weekend. Still 3ft low.  Another two weeks she’ll b in

I keep my 280 at Mike's and went up this weekend as well...... I was shocked at how low the water was.