EZ Steer Question

Sea Lion

Hi Guys,

I finally bought a newer motor for my 19' Sea Nymph.  I was replacing a 1995 70hp Evinrude that became problematic over time.  Excited to experience the motor but will have to wait till next season.

This is my dilemma.  The EZ steer bracket that fit on my old Evinrude doesn't look like it will fit on my 2016 75HP etec motor.   Any suggestions.  I'm not locked into EZ steer but if I could avoid having to change, it would be better.  Looking for advice.

Thanks!

Bob Lyons

PXL_20201110_184315573.jpg

I thin k fisherdude may be on the right track. On my previous boat I had the main motor and kicker hooked together in the front of the motors with small do it yourself  brackets with small ball slip fittings and quick release fittings on a threaded rod You do have to measure the distance of travel between motors and how far to extend to get max steering for turns and this determines the length of rod and the distance out from the main motor of the bracket.

This is an example:

bracketrod.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

A little hard to see in this pic, but same set up. A bar attaching the front of the motors with ball sockets so each motor can trim up and down independently and not bind. Works great. The brackets are homemade for the motors that the bar attaches to

20201112_174645.jpg

Hey Guys,

Knocked it out of the park....all of you. Definitely going to work on setup for the front of the motor.  So appreciate your input.  Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Bob Lyons

On 11/12/2020 at 10:46 AM, Sea Lion said:

Hi Guys,

I finally bought a newer motor for my 19' Sea Nymph.  I was replacing a 1995 70hp Evinrude that became problematic over time.  Excited to experience the motor but will have to wait till next season.

This is my dilemma.  The EZ steer bracket that fit on my old Evinrude doesn't look like it will fit on my 2016 75HP etec motor.   Any suggestions.  I'm not locked into EZ steer but if I could avoid having to change, it would be better.  Looking for advice.

Thanks!

Bob Lyons

PXL_20201110_184315573.jpg