Lake trout rigs

There are days when too many sets of attractors shut them down. When this happens, run a “clean” Gambler Rig on one rigger a little further back and cowbells/ death trap on the other rigger. They usually come in in packs and you will pick them up on both rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Tried some late spring Lake Trout fishing yesterday on Lake Erie and knew it would be tough... couldn’t move a rod so decided to try out my new Gambler rig... rigger fired not too long after and we landed our only fish and saved the skunk! Thanks Gambler, great product

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:43 AM, GAMBLER said:

You are welcome!  

What distance do you like to run your spin n glow behind the death traps?  Same for cowbells? 

You won't find anything better on the market for lakers than the Gambler products

• Like 1

Lives in Hilton but if you PM him your cell he’ll walk you right through it. Great guy, great customer service, great product if you want those slimy poopers on your boat, he’s the guy to talk to.
His name on the site is Gambler

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Lakers can be a pain in the net.... especially the smaller ones.  I don't net anything under say 15lbs.  Simply shake off on the side of the boat, they are usually pretty compliant.  People with the bigger boats don't have a choice, but I don't understand the fascination people have with netting everything, especially stuff you're not going to eat!   Shaking off on the side of the boat keeps the fish alive in the water and saves a major hassle with the slimy snakes twisting in the net.  Switching to this tactic has made lake trout fishing much more enjoyable.  

• Like 1