-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
I first met Joe when I was a first mate for Sam Datillo . The first day I met Joe, Sam and I trolled browns that morning in the same water Joe was fishing. He caught a pig walleye in front of Shipbuilders in 10' of water that morning. He was a great man and a huge loss to the fishing community. My condolences to all of his family and friends.
-
Last Monday they were in 35-50’. Inside of that was all small fish. My buddy was out there two days later and they were still there but actively spawning and the bite was way slower. Very light bite for us. You had to leave the line slack or they would drop it. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
Kayak trolling
GAMBLER replied to longspurs's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
I've had it!
GAMBLER replied to Adm Byrd's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
According to Cuomo the curve is flattening and less people have been coming into hospitals. So what we have been doing is working (even though NYC subways are still packed with people). If that is the case, leave things the way they were. Why take away an outlet for people to destress? When I went out last week, people were social distancing and playing by the rules. Just because there are a ton of trailers in the parking lot, doesn't mean people are not social distancing. If the curve is flattening, it is close to starting to decline. If we just continue on the path we are on, and not make changes, it will go down. Using a boat and social distancing is not going to make the numbers climb again. Use your heads, wash your hands, don't touch your face, protect yourself and you will not spread or contract this virus.
-
I run Atommiks exclusively because Toms stuff is awesome quality and he has taken care of me for years. Here are a few I run. Green Crinkle Green Hammer Mirage Glow Hypnotist Stud Stud Glow Hammer Pro Am Net Pen ANYTHING GREEN works!
-
Wanted Cannon Rigger Parts
GAMBLER replied to Gigger's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
Try FISH307 -
Time for LOU to file Lawsuit-Ramps closed
GAMBLER replied to garrymny's topic in Open Lake Discussion
If the numbers look bigger, people will live in fear and listen to King Andy. Its all a scare tactic. Currently by Monroe Counties numbers, There are 712 cases of Corona since the beginning. There has been 46 deaths and 341 cured. That makes 325 Active cases. I'm with you all the way with this Sean. -
-
-
Kayak trolling
GAMBLER replied to longspurs's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Until late June. When the lake upwells, they can be found like this again no matter what time of the year it is. Last season we had four days in a row in early July where the lake upwelled. We piss pounded the browns three days in a row in 10-20' of water just like spring. The middle of August it happened again and we pounded them for days in 10-30'. -
I have duck hunted in that marsh. Without that spillway, there would still be plenty of spawning habitat. Some spots we hunted were over waist deep. Do big pike make it back to the lake after spawning? If they are left in that marsh, the water will get to warm for them to maintain body weight. Does anyone know when that spillway was constructed? The pike population in Conesus is nothing compared to what it was in the 70's and 80's according to the old timers I know that live on the lake.
-
-
-
-
-
Kayak trolling
GAMBLER replied to longspurs's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Anyone finding kings, any interesting stomach contents?
GAMBLER replied to schreckstoff's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
All the kids fishing pics are great but I don’t have the opportunity to take my kid. The school district is giving the kids the normal school work they would be doing if school was still in session. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
-
Holy crap! How old are you Jimski? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
The DMV is closed at the order of King Andy. Good luck getting anything soon!






