Sliders getting stuck on leader connection?

I was just rigging up my downrigger rods with some new line for a trip to Cayuga next week and had a question on my setup.  

I have always just run a 10 lb mono mainline directly to my lure.  However, I decided to rig these up with 12 lb mono mainline with a 10 lb flouro leader.  The leader is 20 ft long and connected to the mainline using a Spro micro barrel swivel.

I am now a little concerned how my sliders will slide past the mainline connection without getting stuck.  Depending on the day I sometimes use a standard fixed slider with ball bearing swivel on each end and sometimes use the fixed slider clips (black and red rubber ones)

I am assuming the regular free sliders will slide past this connection without a problem, but not sure about the black rubber slider clip.  Has anybody had any experience with this issue.  Will those sliders clips slide over a micro swivel connection? Will the clip get stuck on that connection and create a stress point or cause an issue when reeling in a fish on the mainline? Any thoughts? Thanks 

Ok, I will upsize my swivels on the line connection end to make sure I don’t have a problem.  Thanks

Still not sure about the black and red fixed cheater clips that “troubles” sells on here.  I’m still a little worried they will catch on that connection point as they are designed to grip on the line as they slide down?

I will probably be sticking with free sliders this trip anyway to try to stay up in the silvers depth range.

2 hours ago, Car-Lee514 said:

Ok, I will upsize my swivels on the line connection end to make sure I don’t have a problem.  Thanks

Still not sure about the black and red fixed cheater clips that “troubles” sells on here.  I’m still a little worried they will catch on that connection point as they are designed to grip on the line as they slide down?

I will probably be sticking with free sliders this trip anyway to try to stay up in the silvers depth range.

I don't know a lot about running sliders. but if they are hanging up on your knots why not try other knots, I have had great luck with the uni-to-uni knot. another small knot that has worked great for me when splicing lines is the old blood knot. and if I'm using braid I will always add a couple of twists in the line so the braid doesn't slip.

6 hours ago, sherman brown said:

I don't know a lot about running sliders. but if they are hanging up on your knots why not try other knots, I have had great luck with the uni-to-uni knot. another small knot that has worked great for me when splicing lines is the old blood knot. and if I'm using braid I will always add a couple of twists in the line so the braid doesn't slip.

I have always just trusted the little barrel swivels more than a line to line connection.  But I will give those knots a shot.  Thanks

You could run a longer leader. I run a 50’ fc leader with a spro power swivel. If my spoon on rigger is back 20-30’ it leaves you another 20-30’ to hook fixed slider on. It will work with the clips your asking about. It works well to get another bait in the water slightly above your first one. However if your running a cheater to say target steelhead higher in the column it won’t work.

My leaders are typically from the rod tip to the reel in length in which case I want the slider to hang up on the barrel swivel to keep it separated from the main line spoon or flasher. You are asking for added expense with the price of quality fluorocarbon when there is a longer leader that can get chaffed. Never mind what a metal micro swivel might do to your ceramic guides over time. By having a small leader length I can check it easier and buy the expensive good stuff -Seaguar blue.