State Money !!!

The state is awarded $355 million dollars. If Mar-A-Lago is worth 18 million is Mira Lago going to be an out-of-state park for New York State? What is state park rate for overnight camping 10 bucks a night? 

C’mon guys, don’t be stingy. Everyone who had a blue flag on their boat! You have to help the poor guy and his sons come up with the money. How else is New York going to get the dough?

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lucky13 said:

Where did it originate?  What was it earmarked for?  And which fishery, a license buyer up in the Champlain watershed might have totally different priorities?

It’s not yet here, but the rules on this website sort of prevent me from telling where it is supposed to come from.

Maybe they should invest it to make up for the revenue they are going to lose because no one in their right mind will invest in commercial real estate if you can be charged with fraud where everyone was paid back, there were no victims, and you even included a disclaimer in your contracts advising lenders to do their own due diligence on colatoral evaluations.  And if Mar Lago is only worth 18 million, seems all the real estate in NYS just got seriously devalued.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It should also be remembered that due process allows for appeals, and while he's going to have to post a bond, the State won't get a nickel until the appeals process is over, at which point, if these sham decisions are thrown out, the new "sue the state" process is likely going to kick in.

9 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

It’s complete bs. If he gets back in there is going to be hell to pay. 

The problem is, we're the ones who are going to pay it, the officials who make the terrible decisions don't pay, the taxpayers do.

Well as the song says 

" The parting on the left is now parting on the right " or so I hope come Nov , if we get there  . And the left is going to be OK with the same thing happing to them , RIGHT? What's that saying about paybacks ?

There are so many people and companies that did the same exact thing he was convicted of . 

There are many of our brave warriors that sacrificed so much in past wars fighting against what is now going on in this country . 

I hope you guys that were so outspoken about the right are happy with your choice and the consequences we are now dealing with .  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HB2 said:

Well as the song says 

" The parting on the left is now parting on the right " or so I hope come Nov , if we get there  . And the left is going to be OK with the same thing happing to them , RIGHT? What's that saying about paybacks ?

There are so many people and companies that did the same exact thing he was convicted of . 

There are many of our brave warriors that sacrificed so much in past wars fighting against what is now going on in this country . 

I hope you guys that were so outspoken about the right are happy with your choice and the consequences we are now dealing with .  

No, they will die on that hill. I didn’t want the chaos of Trump back in, but I now wanna see grown up people cry on tv.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thumbburn said:

I for one will tell you that my assessment that the state comes up with is certainly over valued…. Can I sue them?

Seems there is always an appeals process for local assessments, the State doesn't assess real estate (except for the leftest judge in the OMB trial, assessing Florida real estate).  I was employing a literary device, "metaphor."  The "sue the state" process I was referring to is for something like "false arrest" which might come into play, depending on the outcome of the appeals.  But I'm in no way claiming any authority on this, I'm not an attorney (and I'm glad of that seeing how that profession has been debased recently).    

I have to admit , I'm a little surprised and disappointed . When I  started this I figured I'd get some pushback . I mean 3 years ago we heard a lot about what a crazy bastard the guy was . How he was crazy about spying on his campaign , Russia , and on and on . Turns out he was right on this stuff . And the more I see , he's probably right about the most important thing . I mean , why would the opposition stop short of that ? 

Come on  you guys , tell me something witty . Tell me how good things are compared to 4 years ago.Tell me how the choice you made was right. And your happy with it . 

15 minutes ago, paprman said:

What does all this BS have to do with lake ontario fishing? When did this become a re elect Trump website?

NYC hotels are booked solid with illegal aliens that Abott is sending up. Who do you think is paying the bill? 

Where will the money come from? 

Be prepared for cuts . 

I have been saying for years political decisions affect everything and that includes fishing 

2 hours ago, HB2 said:

I have to admit , I'm a little surprised and disappointed . When I  started this I figured I'd get some pushback . I mean 3 years ago we heard a lot about what a crazy bastard the guy was . How he was crazy about spying on his campaign , Russia , and on and on . Turns out he was right on this stuff . And the more I see , he's probably right about the most important thing . I mean , why would the opposition stop short of that ? 

Come on  you guys , tell me something witty . Tell me how good things are compared to 4 years ago.Tell me how the choice you made was right. And your happy with it . 

For me it was better living 3. 2 ago ...I feel our president now isn't fit to serve period.  Again to me biden is a zero .

Trump , I watch January 6 live start to finish . I seen on live coverage. A young woman at the Cambridge doors of the Capitol building get shot through the gap of the door fall on the floor eyes rolled White and died all because Trump cannot accept and will never accept the loss of the election of 2020 in my opinion he does not deserve to be president I don't care what the court says..

And again to me he's a big zero

So if the ticket come November is trump and Biden you have the math equation of  0x0 =0 . Will not vote for either of them . Third-party I don't know . Was hopping for the Republican primary to be more closer than it was I like Nikki Haley I would vote for her if it came to New York but no chance at that . 

Edited by fisherdude

Stocking is funded by money earmarked from the federal Pittman-Robertson Act. It has nothing to do with who is in office at any level. Might I suggest sprinkling in some news stations other than just Fox  to learn about all the things Fox is not telling you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HB2 said:

My 409 went up by well over 30%

1 hour ago, paprman said:

1 hour ago, paprman said:

What does all this BS have to do with lake ontario fishing? When did this become a re elect Trump website?

Back in the middle ages when I was in college, we were protesting the invasion of Cambodia by burning Nixon in effigy.  A local news reporter asked one of my friends why we were doing that.  He replied "because we don't have a football team. "   Not a lot of fishing to do or discuss right now, and no one forces you to read the thread. 

• Like 2