2024 Braddocks

I have heard from some perch fisherman that the channel has about 1 1/2 feet of water 

Edited by rod hog

1 hour ago, dickey said:

We had a meeting at the fire department last Wednesday and they said the water level was super low in the bay and lake. 

Rick 

If they call 2” above average low then yes…lol

If the lake level at this point is 2 feet above average and there is only a foot and a half of water in the outlet, does that mean that the outlet will be blocked when the water levels reaches the average level? Or will there be some sort of sand removal to keep the outlet open?

Port Bay has a similar problem, but there they bring in a piece of heavy equipment every spring and they dig out a safe safe passage that usually lasts till fall.

This is important to all people  who consider getting a slip in Braddocks bay.

Edited by rolmops

Inches, not feet. Like Scotty, I have to laugh at the comparisons to historical averages. The lake was kept artificially high for many years in the modern era, and that's where folks who built near the lake shore expect it to be, except when it get TOO high, then it's a problem. It seem like a constant battle every year. And much like my wife's preferred temperature range of 72-73 degrees, there's a narrow comfort range.

I spoke with a fisherman this morning (3/14) who used the channel. He also reports 1 to 2 feet depth over the sand bars. The lake was dead calm flat so he was able to"skid" over them with his 70hp. outboard trimmed way up.