SCAM ALERT

I posted a ISO in the classifieds for a TR-1 Remote. This guy sent me a PM. Long story short nether of these two will reply after I sent $90 through Zelle for the remote the "friend" had.

Below is the PM he sent.

Hi,

If you're still interested in getting the Garmin TR-1 remote. I have a friend who can help you out with that. It's affordable and still in perfect condition. You can reach out to he's email address.

[email protected]

Cheers! 

Always ask for a picture of the item in a specific way, like sitting on today's newspaper.  Scammers often try to sell items they don't have but are using pictures from somebody else's advertisement.

Unless it's a legit seller, with protection ... I stopped doing these transactions.

It's just not worth it ... way too many scammers out there ... I'm guessing, any deal through a non-core purchasing route is like 30% to 50% chance dealing with a scammer.

I got scammed badly on 2 fish finders on FB Marketplace. the 1st one didn't have a PP account but found a friend that let him use his but we had to do friends and family. after I paid I never heard from either of them again. the 2nd one didn't have a PP account either. after a few days, he came up with the idea of paying with Zelle through my bank and as soon as he was paid I never heard from him again. So now if it's more than a few bucks I will only pay with PP goods and services.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sherman brown said:

I got scammed badly on 2 fish finders on FB Marketplace. the 1st one didn't have a PP account but found a friend that let him use his but we had to do friends and family. after I paid I never heard from either of them again. the 2nd one didn't have a PP account either. after a few days, he came up with the idea of paying with Zelle through my bank and as soon as he was paid I never heard from him again. So now if it's more than a few bucks I will only pay with PP goods and services.

I've sold about 7 grand in machinist tools on FB market place in the last few months. Four out of five responses are from scamming Aholes. Fortunately I learned that before I got beat.

22 minutes ago, sherman brown said:

NEVER Use friends and family to pay for anything unless it’s your mom or dad. You have NO way of getting your money back if it’s a scam   The web is infested with scammers   Another trick they use is PM. As soon as they want PM or email it’s adios MF 

On 4/30/2024 at 5:14 PM, chinook35 said:

NEVER Use friends and family to pay for anything unless it’s your mom or dad. You have NO way of getting your money back if it’s a scam   The web is infested with scammers   Another trick they use is PM. As soon as they want PM or email it’s adios MF 

where were you at telling me this before I was skinned, or scammed? i did learn to not trust anyone but I learned the hard way. i had no idea that more scammers are on FB Marketplace than honest people. it's a gold mine for scammers.

• Like 1

When I looked at this guys profile (after the scam) he had only been on here 2 days with no posts. That would have been nice to know prior to.

This same knucklehead tried to rip me off last fall when I posted a wanted/iso for a thermo-troll 840 foul weather cover.  I figured he was a troll as I always check out posters creds or reputation stats…this jerk joined LOU the same day I posted my ad…reported him straight to LOU.  I never did get any response from LOU admin team, just assumed (😫😫) they did their thing.  Apparently they missed this lamprey.🤬🤬🤬

I know Chad is diligent about who is and who is not allowed to play...for example, foreign IPs are a dead giveaway...but it's tough to justify giving a guy das boot just because he joins and makes an offer on Marketplace the same day. After all, the Marketplace consistently generates the most traffic. I do know that some places make you have ten posts and two weeks on the board to utilize the classified section. Maybe that needs to happen on here. Unfortunately,