Shooter bucks this 2009 season!!! UPDATED PICTURES 8-24-09

ALL these buck pictures were taken LATE JULY-EARLY AUGUST 2009. Still in velvet AND STILL GROWING!!!!! Hope these pictures gets you guys pumped even more, ENJOY!

CLICK 3 TIMES TO ENLARGE

CLICK 3 TIMES TO ENLARGE

The last two dont look very old 2 1/2 , 3 maybe any one else have an opinion? If so imagine what he will be in another year or two. If that is possible in your area.I have to admit they would be hard to pass up and probablly wouldnt. Best of luck get him with the stick and string!! Down here in the finger lakes, you let a young buck go he crosses property lines and thats the end of the line. I am all for putting meat in the freezer but the buck to doe ratio is way off. Let the little ones go and bag an old doe.Just my two cents. Great looking pics though. Just curious what food plot seed are you using?

justin & rob that last buck is very young. These are pics of same buck earlier this year. VERY DISTINCTIVE MARKINGS : big white eye patches-all 4 feet/ankles have white soxs on them (dirty brown up higher)& big white inside patches behind rear legs at inside knee joints. He even crosses this same trail.

Justin i will get name off empty food plot seed bags later for you. ANTLER KING +%30 protein =red clover/chickory/brassica mix!!!!!!!

Rick that would be very BAD LUCK/KARMA to shoot a buck named after you!

SOOOOO i am going to name the other big bucks "VILLY B" & legacy Rob & FX shawn. now that should cover my good karma now!!!

NOTE TO SELF: if i get any more friends i will need to name more bucks!!

JERRY

Justin I agree with you on the age of most of the deer in the pic's and would love to see what they would look like as an adult at age 5

And Jerry I didn't see a pic of mine, must be the rack wouldn't fit in the camera view right,

Best of luck this season

John

Rob, unfortunately this is "LEGACY ROB" buck and i am guesing by his horn size, you may be waiting a few years to hunt him. He is one of 2 button buck brothers i am watching. BEWARE MAMA DOE is usually near!

John, It does not look much better for "JR JOHN" yes this is a pick of your buck. GOOD news is you will be hunting him at least 6 months BEFORE ROBS buck!!!

JERRY

Hey Jay c,

are your deer hitting the imperial food plots yet or too much other food around? You have camera set up on plots to watch if feeding? You think the apples help bigger horns and body on bucks there? Curious because i just planted antler king food plot (+ %30 protein) first time this year.

Hey Salmonite,

How do you think he hides that body and rack every year???? Some hidding spot i bet.

JERRY

i just got into archery 3 yrs ago after about 30 with the shotgun and love it. what i like to do is go out just before dusk and watch them come out to feed. i got this buck in hilton ..at the end of my first wk. i seen him twice in july. once at thirty yrd for about 5 minutes. then he disappeared. continued to see the same 3 or 4 smaller bucks thru out the summer and into archery.but he was gone. figured he left my property or got hit by a car. i finally decided i would take one of the smaller bucks to get my first under my belt with an arrow when as i was going to climb up into my tree stand i see him half way across the field walking right at me. there he finally is and i'm not ready. anyhow i did get him. you can see the scar and damaged fur at the base of the neck so i'm thinking he was hit by a car and the reason for his disappearing. basically just a big 6 pt. with a triple brow tine. not a monster rack like the one in jerrys pics but a real heavy in mass like his. the taxidermist said it was 3 1/2 yrs old.

34725813.th.jpg

20033561.th.jpg

62117706.th.jpg

75058969.th.jpg

ROB,

You are like the snapple bottle caps with your GREAT DEER FACTS!!! You think the deer will hit my first year food plot or stick with the apples they are used too? Or both till gone? Hard to believe they are growing racks that big here on mostly apples if apples do not have much nutritional value. PLEASE KEEP POSTING UP. as i am new to alot of this.

LADY BLUE GILL,

That is a very cool deer. TRIPLE BROW tyne i would bet is not that common ANYWERE! BUT PLEASE post up the OTHER pictures of the deer mounts next to him, as i love seeing every different mounts people have. Also cool story to go with it, best of luck this year.

And RAY,

You now need a double or triple brow tyne to go with that MONSTER you have now.

JERRY