Tite Lock holders

I used these on my first boat for dipsy diver rod holders. Yes they will work but will need to be re adjusted once in awhile, they have a cast iron washers that keeps them in place, with constant use you will lose pegs off these washers and they will have to be replaced.

I would recommend something with a little more guts, or backbone. - On my boat I have the big jon triples and they handle 2 dipsies per side all summer long no problem!

dW1BS.jpg

The one in the picture is the one that just flips over and doesn't lock into position. For me, that one doesn't lay over far enough. Tite Lok makes an adjustable one that will work better. The Big Jon ones are definately stronger but you can get away with the adjustable Tite Lok one if you don't fish all the time. Just check it once in a while to make sure everything is tight.

Depends on what you want to spend. Four tite-locks....$120.00 with some hasseles of retightening vs two Big Jon doubles for $400.00 that will last a lifetime and not need any adjusting. It is expensive getting a boat set-up, most go cheap and upgrade later, but if you can swing the more expensive models......you get what you pay for.

Very good point here , I went with the $120 tite-locs they have to be checked a LOT but after three years they stay tite NOW. I could not beleive how loose they got so fast !!!!!!I would NOT go any cheaper than these for sure for dipsy................but you never have enough rod holders.........I just picked up some off of Bill V that mont to my down rigger mount a bit $$$ but made way better than the tite locs.............and the tite locs will still be on the boat !!!!!!!!!

Depends on what you want to spend. Four tite-locks....$120.00 with some hasseles of retightening vs two Big Jon doubles for $400.00 that will last a lifetime and not need any adjusting. It is expensive getting a boat set-up, most go cheap and upgrade later, but if you can swing the more expensive models......you get what you pay for.

I do have to add the point made here, You get what you pay for.

It does depend on how much you fish and if you are getting into it, or fish "once in awhile"

All will play into your decision to set up your boat, Good luck let us know what you went with!

I ran my Tite loks for 5 years and many fish and they where still going when I upgraded last year. They are now on my little boat.

A lock washer will prevent the loosening problem and without the loosening problem the studed washers will last as well.

There are better rod holders out there but as mentioned, very pricey.

Glen

I used them for two years w/ no complaints. In fact I have a set of double rod holders that if your interested in I'm sure we could make a deal.

Mower

• 4 weeks later...

I went with the tite loks for now i will upgrade to the big jons later. went out sun evening and they seemed alright.Mower can you send me a pic of the ones you have i might be interested

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I used the anglers pal with ball and socket...worked great and you can have the rods anyway you chose..just make sure you really crank down on them so they don't spin..when done fishing you can just lie them flat to gunnels...I did keep a safety line on my wire dipsy rods just in case..but never had an issue

see video

IMG_0085.JPG