Wayne County Pro-Am Scores

Congrats to Cold Steel and Spoonfed on their wins in Sodus this past weekend. Here's the final scoreboards - of course the results aren't "final" until the Pro-am Committee posts them on their website, but this will give you an idea of who placed where.

rFwOA.jpg

rFLMr.jpg

Thanks Billy and congratulations to teams Cold Steel, (I am sure Tom Allen had a HUGE smile on) Spoonfed (WOW!! what a couple months you've had) and Pegasus (Ray for his day 2 come back award :yes: )

Congrats to all the winning teams. :yes: Also congrats to all who fished and SURVIVED day 2. It was a tough day fishing under very unstable conditions with the size of the waves. My hats off to those who decided to come in early and not take the chance if they wern't comfortable with it.

It was great to see old friends again and meet new folks, especially LOU members who I finally got to put a face to names I see regularly on the site.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the season ;)

Can't deny the smile.............

Hats off to the Billy V team, they put it together in very rough seas on day 2, nice job men. Team Cold Steel has been on that side of the very close weights and lost on "many an occasion", I realize we have won a lot through the years since 2001 aboard the Cold Steel, however to be on the winning side of a close weight felt nice, very sorry it had to be at the expense of the Billy V team. Great job Bill !!!

As far as another Team Cold Steel win: Captain Tom Burke made the "call of calls" by an early day 2 run of about 10+ miles to the west, Capt. Tom did not like the westerly troll into the washing machine nor did he like the fact that the temps were blown out from the strong winds. Without moving a rod for more than an hour and a half and with exactly no more extended ado the team heard the famous words from Capt. Tom......... "Pull em".......... and we were off picked and ran, which set the stage for a few hours worth of better temps and a more favorable troll, about 20+ bites later, a great landing percentage and much weeding through very short fish. We even tried to get the last rods out of the water to maybe head a bit deeper for a big guy when our last fish hit a fly rig off my wire diver, a fat 6 lb BT off a King rig that had fired an ample amount of times......... we were done.

Kudo's to Andy Bliss for some awesome rigging and keeping the rods flying during the usual short period of the bite, he made it happen for us after Tom brought us to the promise land. Never did we expect to take a win with our bleak box of many smaller fish, un-knowing of what the day would bring we had no other thoughts of what to expect out of our catch. We were amazingly blessed with another cup win after Top Gun had even a smaller box and Team Screamer just couldn't take their fish, unreal to say the least when these teams and others make up some of the best guys on the lake.

I would also like to mention that Dave Turner offered me a personal apology in front of my team for the "Welcome to Oswego" site blurred images, I appreciate that apology very much.

Tom

First off Congrats to the Winners Cold Steel and Spoonfed you guys deserved it.. Tom congrats on your win, your Captain made an awesome call to run west on sunday morning... That was probably the worst condtions I have ever fished.. Got more bruises on me from falling down in the back of the boat trying to rig, reeling and netting... VERY FRUSTRATING... Our Team Hide and Seek had a great time competing against the best damn fisherman on the lake...Not only great fisherman but great people..... Woody

Results posting:

Nice to see that people who can listen & act took my suggestion to take a picture of the results & post it, so we can see the results in a reasonable time.

Thanks guys!

I enjoyed your story Tom, thanks!

Its always kinda fun to get inside a captain's head and figure out what he's thinking.

Well, er maybe not what he's thinking of ALL the time (right Ray?) - might be scarred for life..... :lol: