Opening weekend

Silver Fox

Honestly guys, is their some kind of fishing tournament going on this weekend? As with most tourny weekends this past season, this weekend will be a bit windy! I'll be in Alma and it's supposed to be whippin pretty good. At least the wind wont effect our porky hunting in and under the house. :clap:

the alma outside of wellsville there is a fire hall a church and thats it right ..

mabe a store post office across from the fire hall and oil rigs on the same side as the firehall . the building was at the bottom of the hill that ran the rigs .. if it is the alma im thinkin of my grandmother lived there along time ago . caught alot of trout in alma creek , and bass in alma pond .saw lots of deer . brings back memories. good luck this weekend

It's on Johnny! Huskies eat Oranges for breakfast! Unless you Orange boosters paid your Alum Edsall under the table there will only be U C O N N Mania in the dome tomorrow.

Oh, as for hunting, I usually sit out the opener as the Yahoos from the hunting club on the neighbor's land make me nervous. Must be they're Orange fans too. I'll go out Sunday morning since they'll be cryin' in their Orange juice by then. ;)

Good Luck to all and as above Stay Smart, Stay Safe.

Greg

UCONN '84

Well so much for the smart and safe approach. A hunter down on state land bordering my camp got shot and killed opening morning. Word was he was sitting in a camo ground blind and no blaze orange on it or him. I was told he was rattling and grunting in the blind when another hunter who obviously should not have been given a hunting license seen movement and heard what sounded like a buck and just shot not knowing what his target was or aware of his surroundings. Sunday I was on night watch and in this thick patch of woods behind me I hear movement and see glimpses of brown. I am in ready mode and awaiting this deer to come out of the thicket. Its a damn good thing someone along the lines of my life tought me to identify your target and whats beyond it cause that two legged deer in full camo wearing a brown ballcap last meal could have been lead. Guys wear some blaze orange during gun season and especially on opening day when all the wannabe slickers hits the woods for their one and only unt for the season. It just plain common sense. And dont give the excuse that you hunt on private posted land either cause I cant count how many hunters have crossed my posted lines and got the boot. BLAZE ORANGE WEAR IT

I do not hunt w/ in range of my property boundaries during the first 12 days of firearms season. Threw 2 guys off yesterday(both packing brand new high powered rifle/scope combos) that were walking w/ the wind thru about 40 acres of my woods. Supposedly they were 'tracking' a wounded deer (of course there was no blood trail). Last Sunday while spreading manure on one of our fields near the state land I saw 12 pilgrims preparing to push a 15 acre piece of brush/timber. While scraping out the spreader I heard at least 14 shots in that piece. Boy, do I miss bow season! If you don't have to deal w/ this kind of B.S. you should thank your lucky stars! Hope everybody has a safe & enjoyable holiday. -Andy