Spring LOC - Winner

Will the winner be a Lake trout this spring? With ice still flushing down the Niagara, not much King action on the West end in Canadian waters, I'm betting on a laker as top prize. We will see.

Oh a Laker is going to win!!! watch team wet net on the board thats all i gotta say.....Ruth calling his shot!!.... :D

Anyone who takes grand prize with a laker should be ashamed of themselves, and sell all their fishing gear.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

oh come on now Rick dont be a bad sport...lol...... we still know how to catch big kings.. our spring program on the bar is just stupid for lakers... avg day's over 40 fish....what do you think the king bite will be like during the LOC with all this cold water and bad weather hanging on so long?

How much for yer gear Rick? I get first dibs :lol:

LOL

oh come on now Rick dont be a bad sport...lol...... we still know how to catch big kings.. our spring program on the bar is just stupid for lakers... avg day's over 40 fish....what do you think the king bite will be like during the LOC with all this cold water and bad weather hanging on so long?

Ahhhhhhh! The day I catch 40 Lakers trolling I'll give up trolling! Kings will be around by the second weekend of the Derby (like always). If you want them during the first weekend buy a Canadian license. We always have our Canadian license for that first weekend. Years like the one we are having can yield some pretty stupid King bites just a few miles over the fence. However, if you want to pump in 40 Lakers a day who am I to judge........ :rofl: This year it just so happens the KOTL tourney will be held in Canada during the first weekend of the Spring LOC. We are hoping to put the smack down on 20-30 kings a day over there!

Now that's how to catch Lakers! I actually REALLY enjoyed catching them on the lower Niagara with Vince this Winter. Drift fishing for them gives them a fighting chance especially with the lighter gear.

Anyone who takes grand prize with a laker should be ashamed of themselves, and sell all their fishing gear.

So what your telling me is if the winning laker is caught on the Yankee Troller 3, you are going to let it go? $20,000 is $20,000 dollars no matter what species.

So what your telling me is if the winning laker is caught on the Yankee Troller 3, you are going to let it go? $20,000 is $20,000 dollars no matter what

species.

Spring is only 10g's bri, and the only laker that comes aboard YT3 is an accident! Lol

i enjoy trolling for the lakers during the spring derby on top of the bar. when those big 15 to 20 lbers nail your lure with just 60 ft. of wire out it's alot of fun. great time when the action is fast and furious. and it's always nice to put a few on the board every yr. of course it couldn't compare to when the professionals converge on the west end and target the browns and put a pounding on the typical 5 lb. browns in order to fill the box in order to try and place in the pro ams. it must be a riot cranking them in on 600 ft. of wire out. of course there's plenty of bigger ones caught too.my point being it's starting to sound a little hypocritical.ya do what you gotta do. live and let live.

[quote name="Yankee TrollerSpring is only 10g's bri' date=' and the only laker that comes aboard YT3 is an accident! Lol

Thats alright Rick. Leave those lakers for me to cash in on. Mid day when the king bite slows and most guys go back to the dock, I'm still out there dragging around farming equipment. It is a fun way to finish out a good day on the water. Kings in the am and lakers mid day.

i enjoy trolling for the lakers during the spring derby on top of the bar. when those big 15 to 20 lbers nail your lure with just 60 ft. of wire out it's alot of fun. great time when the action is fast and furious. and it's always nice to put a few on the board every yr.

of course it couldn't compare to when the professionals converge on the west end and target the browns and put a pounding on the typical 5 lb. browns in order to fill the box in order to try and place in the pro ams. it must be a riot cranking them in on 600 ft. of wire out. of course there's plenty of bigger ones caught too.my point being it's starting to sound a little hypocritical.ya do what you gotta do. live and let live.

It's just a little internet humor. Do you really think I would sell all my gear? Or give up trolling? Come on dude........

Oh, and to clear things up we have fished tournaments up and down this lake for 6 or 7 years now, and only resorted to BT once because there was no other alternative (Sodus 2010). Anyone who knows our team knows we would rather bring in 6 kings vs 12 BT. Not to mention BT are a fun fish to catch. They can be very tough to catch let alone land some days. Lakers really aren't hard to catch while trolling. Also, who puts out 600' of wire? For BT's?

Again, I'm just busting chops with my BUDDIES on here...lol....if your ever around when I'm around stop by and we can have the Laker debate over a cold one!

Lastly, those pros converge on the East end to hammer down on those poor little BT's during tourneys........lol

Anyone want a side bet biggest fish spring loc?... c'mon Rick.... lol..... ahh fishing banter.... gotta love it... i think we are all under a lot of cabin fever stress and we need a 20lb king to rip the wire out and release our tension..lol....... once that happens...... its allll goooood....

::mike::

no problem y.t....maybe someday we could meet for a cold one and discuss it. and ctually i meant to say east end (sodus and oswego) not west end. myself and my team have been fishing the lake for around 30 yrs. since the stocking first took place tho just the derbies and not big tourneys. i will have to disagree with the lakers are the easiest to catch tho that is probably true when the big ones are piled up at the bar for a short period of time coming up.actually ..i.mo. browns are by far the easiest of l.o. species to target as they prefer structure but even without it have have a norrower band of depth and temperature preference than the other species who tend to spread out and have a greater tolerance to temp. change. when the cold water rolls in the browns are just about impossible to catch but when the the warm water is in they are easy pickins.as far as the fight goes that would depend on many variables. good luck to you in the upcoming season.

Lakers are more like finess fishing. Got to keep the balls skipping on the bottom, slow crawl for a troll and keep the boat straight in the lightest breeze. Small lakers are a dime a dozen but 20lbers are hard to come by (unless you are on the Bar at the right time).

Guys....I want to confess......during the 2009 Orleans Pro-Am......we went down to Devil's Nose and picked off two big Lakers to start our box each day of the tourney. The fishing was that bad!!!! LOL A good box was 5 or 6 fish. So those Lakers really helped us out. I have been in denial ever since, but I thank you guys for allowing me to share this with you. :rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

To top it off Top Gun won the dang tourney just outside us with KINGS!!! LOL Ask me how crappy of a fisherman I thought I was not even knowing those Kings were there!

So what you are saying Rick is you are a closet Lake trout fisherman?

:rofl::rofl: That's why ya got the big Trojan Rick? More room to secretly store all your Cowbells ?

See ya in a few days in Port Dalhousie :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
Will the winner be a Lake trout this spring? With ice still flushing down the Niagara, not much King action on the West end in Canadian waters, I'm betting on a laker as top prize. We will see.

Hmmm. It is looking like my prediction is right!