Finally Got the Big One!

Well, After the last 7 years of fishing for the big one and trying to top our first Lake Ontario King that tipped the scales at 26 lbs...we finally did it...this Hog came on board on Friday afternoon last week and weighed in at 33.5 lbs, 40 inches long and the tail was 11 inches tip to tip... and was caught the day before the Big Fish derby in Olcott...of coarse...I dont think we have ever experienced such a thrill as we did that evening as we watched that thing take a Dipsy, Spin Doctor and Fly set at 120 out on a 3.5 setting and strip wire until we stopped her at 600 feet...30 minutes to get her in the net and now shes off to the taxidermist...what a rush! This is why we fish! My buddy Tom Frigo happened to be the man to suffer the battle as he was closest to the rod when that thing slammed the fly...he had only been Salmon fishing one other time with me and we limited on Kings in the 15 - 20 lb range...then we hooked that thing...Tom thinks I'm one hell of a fisherman but it seems like I do better when hes on board! Maybe he's why im lucky!

Unknown.jpg

BigSalmon.jpg

Scott Truman

Bradford, PA

PORT of Olcott, NY

• 1 month later...
Well, After the last 7 years of fishing for the big one and trying to top our first Lake Ontario King that tipped the scales at 26 lbs...we finally did it...this Hog came on board on Friday afternoon last week and weighed in at 33.5 lbs, 40 inches long and the tail was 11 inches tip to tip... and was caught the day before the Big Fish derby in Olcott...of coarse...I dont think we have ever experienced such a thrill as we did that evening as we watched that thing take a Dipsy, Spin Doctor and Fly set at 120 out on a 3.5 setting and strip wire until we stopped her at 600 feet...30 minutes to get her in the net and now shes off to the taxidermist...what a rush! This is why we fish! My buddy Tom Frigo happened to be the man to suffer the battle as he was closest to the rod when that thing slammed the fly...he had only been Salmon fishing one other time with me and we limited on Kings in the 15 - 20 lb range...then we hooked that thing...Tom thinks I'm one hell of a fisherman but it seems like I do better when hes on board! Maybe he's why im lucky!

Unknown.jpg

BigSalmon.jpg

Scott Truman

Bradford, PA

PORT of Olcott, NY

Nice fish, my turn...........