7 strand trolling wire

It is time to replace my trolling wire for my dipsy rods. Who has the best deal on at least 1000 foot spools of trolling wire? The last time I ordered I got it from McMaster Carr but they do not look like the best deal any more.

Richard

I have been using the torpedo wire all year myself and the only time i have had any problem with it is when i get it tangles in the copper or another wire. I have been running the 19 strand from torpedo divers on my diver rods and off all three of my riggers too. When you run it off your riggers it is amazing to see what you can see. You can see they wash of a spoon at thebrodtip when using the wire on the riggers. It also keeps the fleas down almost 100 percent and you dont have to run big 30 mono so you still have tons of line on the spool to bring in big kings. If you run wire on the riggers another benifit that you get is if you do mess up a dipsey wire you have another full spool on your riggers rods so you just have to change the reel over.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I have today changed from single stand 30# wire to the 7 strand.

It is far more flexible and forgiving than the single strand - to say the least the single strand is a b$%tch.

Anyhow - I do know the single strand does not hold up fleas at all. Does the 7 strand hold up any fleas or does

it cut them off as easily as the single strand??

I have today changed from single stand 30# wire to the 7 strand.

It is far more flexible and forgiving than the single strand - to say the least the single strand is a b$%tch.

Anyhow - I do know the single strand does not hold up fleas at all. Does the 7 strand hold up any fleas or does

it cut them off as easily as the single strand??

Ok Mark, that makes sense now why you were having problems with the wire kinking and breaking. 7 strand is MUCH more forgiving than single strand wire.

Yes 7 strand saws the fleas off just fine.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

By far the best value going is thru the Malin Wire Company. Very strong quality wire. The wire type to ask for is Trident 7, seven strand 30 lb test wire for dipsy or thumper rod applications. I buy directly from the company because I order in bulk. Located in Cleveland, OH. a google search should give you the contact you need.

Good Fishing,

Capt. Tony Sambunjak

The torpedo wire that I got a little while ago had one very good spool,but another one had a few problems.I contacted the sales rep and he was genuinely interested in what exactly the problem was.

He traced it back to a combination of a power failure and a new girl working the machine at the same time.

He also gave me another spool to replace the one that had some problems. The torpedo people stand behind their product.

Cornelis.