Tuesday hunt 11-29

fishshack

I've been reading all of the success story's on here and love seeing the pics of all the awesome deer. Reading them always gives me that little extra nudge to get out when I get the lazies or when I am not seeing any deer. I only got out once during bow due to work but have been getting out during shotgun. Tuesday I had an appt at 8 am but had the rest of the day open. I got out for the first time this year with my son. We have both been out on our own several times but our schedules haven't matched up where we could hunt together until Tue. We got in our stands around 10:00 and the plan was to hunt until dark. Literally 5 minutes after getting in my stand I had 3 does run up to me. I shot the fattest and filled my last tag until muzzleloader season. About a half hour later we decided that I would push a ridge that the deer like to bed down on towards my sons stand. This 8 pointer came trotting up to him and he filled his last tag.

It wasn't exactly great deer hunting weather (60 degrees) and we didn't think the late start would help but the stars lined up for a memorable hunt.

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

I like those kind of days where you get to finally be together, and that seems like the prize until it gets the iceing like that with a great successful hunt. Good memories will be the best. Good job Dad and Son!

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png