2012 Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam - August 4th

Ok, tournament has been increased to 20 boats! That's it though, entries are done! So welcome aboard Lucky Enuff, Reelintense, Reel Outlaw, Camomanbg, and Tackle Buster!

Screwy Louies made a donation to the tournament today, big thanks to them!

screwey_louies.jpg

I believe we've finalized the tournament format ...

Largest Salmon - Prizes for Captain and Vet

Largest Steelhead - Prizes for Captain and Vet

Largest Brown - Prizes for Captain and Vet

Largest fish on Salmon Slam spoon - prizes for Captain

And something new to try (Sorry Rod borrowed your idea)...

Each team will get a number of raffle tickets, the amount of raffle tickets will be based on your largest king; the larger the king, the more tickets you will receive. These tickets will go towards prizes that will be raffled off. That way everyone gets a chance to win some of the secondary prizes, but those who caught the largest fish will have better odds.

Any prizes that can't be given out, say if no steelhead are caught, will go into the raffle. The prizes are still TBR as we still have donations rolling in, so stay tuned!

Nick

OK Guys I just finished our Weigh In board for this event. it is done on a 4' x 6' whiteboard so it should be big enough for everyone to see. Let me know if there are any spelling mistakes

finished_board.jpg

lol i just relized that someone stuck a e in dipsy :rofl: deffnetly no big deal. mike the sign looks great from my house. now for the bad news my stupid food saver just died. something about it being like 12 years old. anyway i no longer have it to bring with me. how well do zip lock bags work and how long ill the fish stay good in them.

lol i just relized that someone stuck a e in dipsy :rofl: deffnetly no big deal. mike the sign looks great from my house. now for the bad news my stupid food saver just died. something about it being like 12 years old. anyway i no longer have it to bring with me. how well do zip lock bags work and how long ill the fish stay good in them.

According to freedictionary.com the spelling is with an "e" when talking about the lure, and without the "e" when talking about someone who isn't all that smart... so we were all giving you a compliment :lol:

My parents use a food saver and the fish lasts forever it seems. I use zip loc bags and they tend to get freezer burn after a few months.

The board looks great Mike!

Nick

I just got off the phone with Project Healing Waters and it sounds like we will meet our goal of nearly 30 veterans.... simply awesome guys! Also, heard of some additional donated prizes that are coming in thanks to Finders Keepers!

Lots of thanks to everyone else who is helping out with setting the event up, it's really great to see everyone coming together to give back...

I was also hoping to get a count of how many people are trailering their boats and launching at Arneys or the state launch on the day of the event? I think most people called and rented a slip for the night/day, but curious as to how many people are planning to trailer there. If you could either post here or send me a PM/email I'd appreciate it. I'd like to talk to Arneys about where to park your trailer...

Nick

UM not that it ever happened before but what if a boat smells like skunk.......We Have a bigger goal here and our reward is what we are doing ,BUT it would be pretty bad for every boat not to land fish.. I would LOVE to have open "mic " Mandatory or suggested . If someone has a great lure or spot or both lets share the info so every one of these men can share the experence we all have done.."Catchin Fish" .. If someone (captian) runs charters outa Sodus and has a must have lure or presentation maybe they could PM others (and me) what to start out with and where ...The lake is pretty riled up now and if things dont improve over sundays conditions it would be nice to up"" OUR BOYS""" chances of landing the BIG ONE

Ray K.

Absolutely Ray! Part of the captains meeting will be to promote open communication. We have quite a few boats at Arneys that talk openly on Ch9 and the charters are pretty open on Ch8. Also people shouldnt feel bad if they go out and dont manage to catch a big fish, the biggest part of the "healing" process is getting the vets out on the water making new friends and having fun.

We all have bad days of catching, but seldom a bad day of fishing :)

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

We'll be going out the day before to sniff out the waters and will post what we find and what we find them snappin' at! 8)

Nick - We'll be trailering our rig in and there is usually plenty of parking across from the state launch. I have the 2 dozen bait heads Rhys Davis sent, will you be up next weekend? Let me know when you'll be around and I can drop them off to you.

Also, we will be giving a seminar at the Sodus Point Lodge on running meat rigs after the big event wraps up at Arneys. All are welcome to attend! 8)

Lots of people have contacted me asking if we need any food or anything... feel free to bring a 12 pack of your favorite soda to dump into the ice, or your favorite bag of chips!

Nick

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

UM not that it ever happened before but what if a boat smells like skunk.......We Have a bigger goal here and our reward is what we are doing ,BUT it would be pretty bad for every boat not to land fish.. I would LOVE to have open "mic " Mandatory or suggested . If someone has a great lure or spot or both lets share the info so every one of these men can share the experence we all have done.."Catchin Fish" .. If someone (captian) runs charters outa Sodus and has a must have lure or presentation maybe they could PM others (and me) what to start out with and where ...The lake is pretty riled up now and if things dont improve over sundays conditions it would be nice to up"" OUR BOYS""" chances of landing the BIG ONE

Ray K.

that's a great idea, I fish out of Oz, never been to Sodus on the open lake. I'd be open to any "suggestions" or helpful hints once we get there. Like Ray says, it's all about getting these vets into some fish. Weather permitting, I'm going to try to fish out there Friday afternoon to get a feel for things. I'm more than happy to share anything I can.

We will be running over the morning of, Where should we go? What time, I agree on the open communications, as some know I share information willingly that usually works for most boats but I still can't catch em :rofl: I'll figure it out one day :lol: We (Warren's Hook Line & Sinker) will be donating prizes as well. Nick, do you need to know what we are giving away so that u can fit it into your program prior to the event or shall we just bring it along. That date is a long ways off but I would say go deep for the big ones :lol: just sayin.

One more thing guys, any interest in t-shirts for the event? I know a guy that will make them up at a super reasonable cost, it would be a simple screen with a black design (that Nick comes up with) probably on a gray shirt. I'm thinking they would sell for around 10 or 12 bucks and any profit Nick can use towards prizes or simply a donation to Healing Hands. I'd just like to see interest and get an idea as how many to order, sizes, etc....... Thanks - Joe

One more thing guys, any interest in t-shirts for the event? I know a guy that will make them up at a super reasonable cost, it would be a simple screen with a black design (that Nick comes up with) probably on a gray shirt. I'm thinking they would sell for around 10 or 12 bucks and any profit Nick can use towards prizes or simply a donation to Healing Hands. I'd just like to see interest and get an idea as how many to order, sizes, etc....... Thanks - Joe

Joe you can put me down for 4.

Nick

Please include sizes so I can try to get everyone's in. Thanks again

1 Small for Theresa, 1 x-large for me, and I want to buy 2 for the vets I'll have aboard... I'm going to guess XL.