2012 Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam - August 4th

SBHWSalmonSlamTournament.jpg

I wanted to start a new thread to discuss the Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam on August 4th.

It will be put together with the help of Project Healing Waters. http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/

Here's a video of a trip they did to the salmon river last year, they had about 10 drift boats volunteer.
{C}

{C}

The plan is to leave the docks in Sodus early morning, fish for a few hours, then return to Arney's Marina for a barbecue.

If you are interested in participating, whether it be to volunteer your boat and take a veteran out, or just to help setup or make food, please post or send me a PM to let me know.

Let's make this a great event, and give back to those whom have already given us so much.

Volunteer List
volunteers.jpg

Nick Edited by bobs_boy

hey nick

i just talked to a few people i know that work with the va and some sponsers. the props are turning there now. im trying to get help paying for gas for anyone that donates there boat time. it may not happen but i personaly what to see and help this durby go on. im prety sure that when i talk to my fishing partner well be putting some guys in our boat as well.

hey nick

i just talked to a few people i know that work with the va and some sponsers. the props are turning there now. im trying to get help paying for gas for anyone that donates there boat time. it may not happen but i personaly what to see and help this durby go on. im prety sure that when i talk to my fishing partner well be putting some guys in our boat as well.

Any help is always appreciated. Let me know if you can take some guys and how many (I'm thinking two per boat would be great, but if you can only fit one that's fine too).

just talked to my partner and were in. were good for 2 more vets with us. even got a good seat in the boat for someone in a wheel chair or room for there own if they want. it may take some doing but i know that at a good dock we can get one in there.

ive never spent much time in arney so i was wondering do we need grils to cook on? or what type of bbq u wanted to do. i have access to a pig cooker that has racks so we could cook lots at once.

do you have vets in mind to take or are you looking for vets in genral or oif/oef vets?

i spoke with

Cynthia M. Cuppernell

Syracuse VAMC, Syracuse, New York

Advocacy Branch

Army Wounded Warrior Program (AW2)

U.S. Army Warrior Transition Command (WTC), SRI Contractor

Office (315) 425 4400 X52867

Cell (315) 200 5558

Fax (315) 425 4344

AW2 online: www.WTC.army.mil/AW2

AW2 blog: http://AW2.armylive.dodlive.mil

AW2 Facebook: http://facebook.com/armyAW2

a great freind of mine that put me in contact with events like what ur talking about here. and now she want to help you kick this off and make it ho you invision it. i did show here this site and she may try to contact you direct not sure what she will do.

i dont want to butt in to what you have planed out but i would like to help how ever i can but i dont want to be pushie

Crum, no problem she can contact me anytime. Project Healing Waters has a list of veterans that they will utilize. If we got enough volunteer boats we might be able to open it up to other organizations.

We have a couple of charcoal grills at Arney's for burgers and such. Again, depending on how many volunteers we get, will depend on how big the barbecue and if we need a pig cooker. Unless the response is huge, I was just thinking some burgers and hot dogs.

Nick

This is a silly thing to say to someone who post every cast during a fishing trip,,,,BUT with Muskys Drivin Skills And My Tin Can. I'm shure WE could do 2 WITH HONOR!!!!! So keep us up to date

BUT THIS POST WILL BE MUSKYS FIRST time he has heard my plan.... :lol:

Of course the weather and our busy busy itinerarys will determin if we can help,hey even Fishermen could flip a few burgers.

Yes Team L.O.U.S.E.R.S. MIGHT Rise to the ocasion When Duty Calls.

And at one time I had a big sponsor lined up for another derby, when you get final plans and everything in place get me some paperwork, as to what you need.

Ray K. U.S.M.C. AIRWING..

This is a silly thing to say to someone who post every cast during a fishing trip,,,,BUT with Muskys Drivin Skills And My Tin Can. I'm shure WE could do 2 WITH HONOR!!!!! So keep us up to date

BUT THIS POST WILL BE MUSKYS FIRST time he has heard my plan.... :lol:

Of course the weather and our busy busy itinerarys will determin if we can help,hey even Fishermen could flip a few burgers.

Yes Team L.O.U.S.E.R.S. MIGHT Rise to the ocasion When Duty Calls.

And at one time I had a big sponsor lined up for another derby, when you get final plans and everything in place get me some paperwork, as to what you need.

Ray K. U.S.M.C. AIRWING..

Good deal, I'll answer that roll call ;)

Bob U.S.Army '66-'67

hey nick this is a great thing, we have never met, but i want to volunteer my boat and 2 seats, i am a marine war vet and my buddy also is, he has videoed for team e outdoors on vet hunt in pennsylvania if u are interested in something like that maybe we can get a few cameras and tape it, pm me we can exchange numbers and set it up

Nick,

I can help out.I could take a couple of guys out and also help with the meal.

Ill ask my sons if they can help mate the boat

Served 68-69 nam.

John

Sounds good John, I'll mark you down for two!

hey nick this is a great thing, we have never met, but i want to volunteer my boat and 2 seats, i am a marine war vet and my buddy also is, he has videoed for team e outdoors on vet hunt in pennsylvania if u are interested in something like that maybe we can get a few cameras and tape it, pm me we can exchange numbers and set it up

Sounds good Bob, I'll mark you down for two!

Nick

Nick,

Sent ya a pm the other day about taking two guys. Contacted Chowder and he will be joining me to get these guys hooked up in some fish and have a great morning on the lake. Looking forward to it.

Coup

Nick,

Sent ya a pm the other day about taking two guys. Contacted Chowder and he will be joining me to get these guys hooked up in some fish and have a great morning on the lake. Looking forward to it.

Coup

Coup ill mark you down for two!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Kudos for putting this together. I volunteered at the one on Lake Erie out of Buffalo harbor last Wed and it was very rewarding. Great bunch of guys, one of my vets had never fished before and his first fish was a 16" Smallie--he ended up catching a 20" Bass. The "Wounded Warriors" organization did a great job. Thanks for putting smiles on these guys faces in Sodus. :yes:

I heard back from Ray Markiewicz from Healing Waters today. I gave him a rough schedule for the day and he's going to verify that meeting at Arneys at 6:30am for a 7am departure will work. I let him know that we have had a ton of outpouring of volunteers and support and he was extremely appreciateve of everyone that is willing to help out. There are plenty of veterans, so the more boats we can get the better!

Nick

Count me in with boat and room for 2. My father will be my first mate and also proudly served 61--67 US Navy and Vietnam

'Bout Time II

Excellent!

Ok we managed to top 10 boats for the event, way to go guys! We could probably use a few more volunteers for food prep and getting the barbecue ready for when everyone gets back.

We are also going to run a SBHW Salmon Slam Tournament! All boats that volunteer will be automatically entered in the tournament. This will be a big fish event. I'd like to do biggest Salmon and biggest stellhead. I'm working on some small prizes for the winning vets as well as captains.

Is anyone interested in running the tournament, to include weigh in and tracking weights?

Nick