2012 Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam - August 4th

We will be running over the morning of, Where should we go? What time, I agree on the open communications, as some know I share information willingly that usually works for most boats but I still can't catch em :rofl: I'll figure it out one day :lol: We (Warren's Hook Line & Sinker) will be donating prizes as well. Nick, do you need to know what we are giving away so that u can fit it into your program prior to the event or shall we just bring it along. That date is a long ways off but I would say go deep for the big ones :lol: just sayin.

Troy, captains meeting is at 6am at Arneys, vets arrive at 6:30 and get on board with captains, 7am we leave the docks. Since you're not docking at Arneys simply find someplace along the gas dock (bayside or creek side) or an empty slip to tie up to. In the afternoon, probably just drop your veterans off with the cooler, go park your boat and then drive back to arneys.

Nick

depends on material you know just in case i put it in the dresser and it shrinks like the rest of my clothes 1 XL for me and for musky I'm thinking something in the line of OMAR size I dont wanna wear out my "X" button typing in his size..maybe he will chime in and save my keyboard :lol:

Ok put us in for 1 medium and 3 XL. How many veterans are we going to have onboard anyhow? We'll have our donations ready this week end.

Project Healing Waters is still finalizing the list of veterans, but assume 1-2 veterans. There will also be a couple of Project Healing Waters coordinators going out... I'll pop them on whichever boat has an empty slot.

Nick

hey nick,

we have the means to bring and cook on site salt potatoes and bring a some sort of salad. whats the # of people are we looking at? i was thinking around 90 but i wasnt sure if the vets where bringing family members as well. colleen said she wants to help where ever she can wile we are all out fishing and ill be there early.

also we need 2xl,1l,2med, and 1 small.

I am also in favor in OPEN COMMUNICATION. I have never fished out of Sodus and honestly for me I could care less about "winning" anything. my only goal is to put these guys onto fish. I'm sure I could figure it out but it would be nice to know a good starting point so im not wasting their time. As a suggestion.. how about evryone involved is on or "monitors": a certain channel? we would have to pick one that does not interfer with the charters. I know most guys from Sodus use 14, Port Bay is 9, Fair Haven is 5, and Oswego is 8. what if we pick something in the 60s or 70 range. Just a suggestion

Part of the paperwork I hand out at the Captains meeting will have the channel that people should monitor in case of tournament announcements as well as for people to discuss what they're catching on... it will be Channel 9. I think most of us will be pretty open and honest. Checking my reports from the previous years, the first couple of weeks in August tend to be red hot out of Sodus, so I don't think we're going to have too many problems finding some fish, especially with how great fishing has been this year! I'll be out this weekend "testing" the waters :) A lot can change in a week though, might be a good excuse to go out for a few hours Friday morning before the event :lol:

Nick

The t-shirts are finalized, they're going to be white with the color "Salmon Slam" logo on the back. They will be $10/ea and the order will be going in today or tomorrow. Right now, I have just over 40 accounted for, but will order some extras to have the day of the event. If anyone wants to make sure they get their sizes, post or PM me ASAP.

PLEASE SEE THE UPDATED NAMES FOR THE WEIGH-IN BOARD. LET ME KNOW IF THERE ANY CHANGES NEEDED BY TOMORROW NIGHT. I START MY VACATION FRIDAY AND WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER

fixed_names.jpg

hey tim seen your post above about no one else being able to talk on radio cause you guys will being catching so many fish and anouncing them, thats funny, and thats why u will see me behind u and on your port all day hahaha, but we should announce fish like those marlin guys do, 'FAST AND SILVER HOOKED UP' and 'FAST AND SILVER KING IN DA BOAT' i aint never been so excited about something since last opening day deer season, hahahaha i cant wait

hey tim seen your post above about no one else being able to talk on radio cause you guys will being catching so many fish and anouncing them, thats funny, and thats why u will see me behind u and on your port all day hahaha, but we should announce fish like those marlin guys do, 'FAST AND SILVER HOOKED UP' and 'FAST AND SILVER KING IN DA BOAT' i aint never been so excited about something since last opening day deer season, hahahaha i cant wait

Those of us on Ch9 usually do that. We have an ongoing joke of when someone says they hook up on Ch9 to say "How deep, what color, how far back, FOW, what color underwear?" Because pretty much all of that data is expected to also be shared :)

Anyone know where we could get a dunk tank from? Maybe $20 per ball for me, Rod, and Tim and a $100 ball for Ray :)

PS.

I already hid a gps tracker on Tim and Rod's boats and will be streaming the info through my phone... (yes I'm joking... or am I? :devil: )

Nick

PLEASE SEE THE UPDATED NAMES FOR THE WEIGH-IN BOARD. LET ME KNOW IF THERE ANY CHANGES NEEDED BY TOMORROW NIGHT. I START MY VACATION FRIDAY AND WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER

fixed_names.jpg

you could spell my name right ;):lol:

fixed_names.jpg

you could spell my name right ;):lol:

FIXED

Sorry all for chiming in late.

My answers are:

* I don't smoke but don't mind if the Vet does or not. Drinking is fine as well (I will not be providing the alcohol)

* I have not been in the military

* I will probably launch at the state launch by arney's and meet at the docs.

I would like to order 4 XL's Tshirts (Myself and my help and one for ea. Vet) I hope I am safe with those sizes, maybe we can swap with other boats if sizes are way off... Who,How and When do I pay?

Also, my boat name is Drag'n Balls not Dragon Balls... I am not sure how to get it changed as my username on here or on the white leader board. Not a big deal.

Thanks for including me in this awesome event!

Joshua