Genessee River mouth Rochester Area

Rochester fishing has been the best i have seen in my 28yrs of running charters. Awesome and then some, it doesnt matter if you fish for browns in the short water or the steelhead and kings in the mid to deep water or looking for lakers to have fun with, rochester has been kicking butt. We had a upwelling lately and the cold water has moved inside and up high in the deep water. The kings are scatterd from 60ft to 660ft along with the steelhead. Browns right now are in 30 to 70ft. Good luck, by the way rochester is kept quiet because we like that way.

Good luck, by the way rochester is kept quiet because we like that way.

Your secret is safe with me! :yes:

I promise not to make a huge dent in the population. I'll be up for most of the day on Wednesday. Look for the Nitro bass boat with downriggers. Say hi if you are out and wish. I'll try to not be "that guy" :P

Cheers

Then why is it that I find myself running from Rochester to either Mexico Bay for the browns or the Oak for for everything else.I know that it is not for Michele's beautiful eyes or Fat Nancy's love handles.

I would have to say you just dont know what we have to offer.

You can thank good old Monroe County for that one Bruce. It is the only County along the lakeshore that does not promote the fishery or the water front!

Has the rain the past few days brought the fish in any closer? I'm looking at the maps online that I can find for depths and 200-400 FOW is farther out than I think I want to venture with the forecast of stray thunderstorms Wednesday. I'd like to keep it within 2 miles from shore. I'm not 100% confident my 18.5' fiberglass bass boat can handle any waves over 2-3 feet. Not that it's in bad shape, I don't need to be the leaky boot and have to work the bilge pump taking on waves.

How close in are the browns? Last year when I went with a couple charters, we seemed to be catching them pretty close to shore (within 100 yards) in 30-40 FOW. Is that the norm? They are a fun fish!

:beer:

I have i ideas where i want to fish every day, BUT mother nature tells YOU where to fish. Its all about wind and currents, i would dare to say 70% of fishing is knowing this.

Well put. I'm thinking I may need 2 days instead of just one... :$

Heh Steve, was that sheepie the target species that day. And Bruce, I was trying to call you Sat. AM on the phone cause that was me crowding you on the inside in 50 FOW. Sorry if I got to close. The browns were very distracting. Kevin

If Bruce boated 2 on that specific day there is a GOOD chance I landed only 1.

I've known Bruce since HIS Penn Yan days. How does the saying go on the "Chiller" T.V. channel---- SCARY GOOD... that would be what i have seen in the past 28++++ years personally.

Jerry

Runnin Rebel

Thanks guys, at least somebody likes me. I guess it only takes one bad apple. You know what they say about bridge builders. Hey jerry, I hear things are scratchy at sandy? I figured out that was you kevin. It took me a while, i am getting slow in my old age, no, i am just slow.

If Bruce boated 2 on that specific day there is a GOOD chance I landed only 1.

I've known Bruce since HIS Penn Yan days. How does the saying go on the "Chiller" T.V. channel---- SCARY GOOD... that would be what i have seen in the past 28++++ years personally.

Jerry

Runnin Rebel

why land them? they only make a mess out of the boat!