Old Faithful?????

Lol Nick!! Mine would have to be the tried and true seth green rig.... My father taught me to run these when i was around five years old and they never fail on coming thru.... Don't get me wrong i would much rather fight fish on much lighter tackle but if i need to put fish in the boat that setup would be the first thing in the water...

Mike

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Mike you are exactly right....there is nothing that generally out performs the thermocline (Seth Green) rig when it comes to trout. It would be hard to compete with it in terms of ONE rod because you cover so many depths at once with it. The next in line for me would be my ultralight rod/reel for a "survival" situation with a brown horse hair jig :>)

Les

500 copper. Run clean with a spoon or a flasher fly. Day in and Day out this always puts fish in the boat. May not be the top performer but I would never starve!

A plain 3/8 oz leadhead with a plastic tail in Chartreuse, silver/white, silver/ black, or even plain white or shad color.

With that lure I have caught, Salmon, Browns, Lakers, Pike, Tiger Muskies, Pickerel, Walleyes, Carp, Channel Cats, Bullheads, Suckers, Large and Smallmouth Bass, Crappies, Perch, Sunfish, Goldfish,Fallfish and many varied saltwater species...

You can fish it on the bottom in 100 feet on a calm day, or though the weeds in 2 feet if you have good reflexes..... Its not really a trolling rig, or trolling set up, but they work there as well.... bob

"Pullin copper" with my Victrola! A heavy silver spoon makin a ruckus right on the bottom. I can be pulling in a Laker quicker than it takes me to send down my Fishhawk X4 and a flasher fly!! Hmmmmm... So much for progress!!!!