• Friday and or Saturday
    • Saturday and or Sunday
    • Poll 4 Tournament Target Species Choose only one of the following
    • Salmon Only
    • Mixed species
    • Poll 5 Copetition Level choose only one of the following
    • General Field all together
    • Pro Division and Amateur Division

Can't wait to see the final details troy. Sodus has always been my favorite port. If Oswego pro/am does go I’d love to see you keep the tradition going of the pro/am at Sodus so the eastern cup and hopefully the challenge cup can prevail. Adding your own wrinkle of a one day tourney mixed in is definitely intriguing.

I got it to open so anyone can, LOL. Looks like alot of work went into it. With that kind of coin flyin' around you will have to have observers for sure.

With the lower entry fees, the absolute key will be boat numbers. If the locals support this event you should hit the numbers easily. As for calcutta, my experience has been as nice as it looks on paper, we will not get anywhere close to that number of boats for that buy in. Other than that, the Pro-Am/Shootout dual format looks like a blast. Good work!

The rules will be coming out shortly, I was hoping by this weekend but I don't see that happening at this point. I have one or two things going on that are occupying my time. Can say there will be observers and there will be NO communication. I think teams should really look over the lay out of this jam packed weekend. I know everyone says it's not about the money so how bout we just award trophys, I'll keep the money :lol: ok seriously if you look the documents over the calcutta is where the BIG money is and that has not been carved in stone as to paying out three places or one HUGE pot. I'm going to let you decide how you want to do that and all we need toi do is hand out the cash. Without going back and looking what was it like 43,000.00 if your good enough to take it all. I know I have a list of 41 teams right now that I'm pretty sure will fish this and hopefully we can gather support for the calcutta. Lets make this the event of the lake. Yes a LOT of time in this already. I have not even begun to gather sponsorship yet but I think we will get a lot of support when they see what we are putting on the table. Stay tuned for that part :yes: If some of you still can not open the documents, shot me an email and i'll send them to you that way.

[email protected]

I'll get the rules out as quickly as I can.

troy, I could not open it. Look forward to seeing it though.

You will have trouble opening it if you don't have microsoft word or office. I don't have them so I downloaded a free file viewer and voila! It opened right up!

Thanks for the help MikeyP. I was thinking maybe the shutterfly page but that makes since. Just wanted to add also when you are viewing the Combined document you must scroll to the bottom to see all the information. Had a few side tracks here the past few days and have not had a chance to finish the rules but they will be out soon.

Ok for the third time :headbang: I was timed out the last two times and for some reason it didn't save to draft for me, so here we go again.

UPDATE:

The first draft of our tournament information and rules has been posted on our website. Same place as the format documents. http://soduspointbaittackle.shutterfly.com/ww

feel free (Like I need to say that :lol: ) to look it over and fire back with your comments. Some things on there may be tweaked somewhat here and there and others are what they are.

One thing I'm sure is going to spark some conversation is the box combination. I think with this type of a mix it will bring out the BEST of the BEST. It WILL NOT be easy to get a complete box especially with the bonus fish. However with an extra 50 points on the line I think it will definately be worth the time to strategize and plan your day and then try to execute. The extra 50 points will be BIG pushing you to the top. Think about this although not practible but possible with the numbers you could be in 40 th place with you salmon quota and were the only one to meet the chalenge of catching the COMPLETE box. The extra 50 points would shoot you to 1st. this will make more since after you look over the information.

Also the payout structure on the previous documents is based on team participation. So to try and dress that up a bit I could use your help in trying to determine close estimates as to number of teams in each class. I would like to be able to say the payout is what it is but with no outside support that is impossible to do.

PLEASE SHOOT ME AN EMAIL WITH YOUR TEAM AND WHAT EVENTS YOU WILL BE ENTERING. This takes a lot of time to put together although this is only February , July will be here before you know it. Spread the word out to all those that may be interested and may not be on L.O.U.

[email protected]

Thank You

WOW. Innovative. A few thoughts/concerns real quick, as I have to plow mountains of snow but we want you to succeed big time.

In a couple of places you talk of the max Salmon catch being 9 pros, 6 ams. You also state that the maximum amount of fish creeled should be in accordance of DEC regs. You also state there are no restrictions to team members number(great idea so charterboats can participate). I feel, that unless it is hugely important to your local charterboat fleet, you should make max number of Salmon kept to be 9/6. If you allow any number above the allowed number to be weighed, trouble will occur.

You wisely state that in the case of inclement weather boats can seek refuge, but must not dock. You should also add boats cannot "raft off". No boat to boat contact.

You may want to rethink the 3pm quit time, as with a drop of dock and possible low water, I don't see even a small event getting it done by 330 safely.

Great job! Team THRILLSEEKER will be fishing both events on your big weekend.

Hey Vince,

I ask for comments back not suggestions :lol: No really all comments or suggestions are welcome.

you should make max number of Salmon kept to be 9/6. If you allow any number above the allowed number to be weighed, trouble will occur.

Pro box - IF YOU CAN MEET THE CHALLENGE OF A COMPLETE BOX being Nine (9) salmon , One (1) Brown Trout over 5 pound , One (1) Steelhead over 5 pound , One (1) Lake Trout over 5 pound

Am box - IF YOU CAN MEET THE CHALLENGE OF A COMPLETE BOX being Six (6) salmon , One (1) Brown Trout over 5 pound , One (1) Steelhead over 5 pound , One (1) Lake Trout over 5 pound

I guess to clarify this - This is your goal regardless of team structure. As long as you have sufficient licensed anglers on your team to meat this. You can not go over this limit regardless of number of licensed anglers on board. The note about NY DEC regulations was for a boat that may choose to only fish with maybe two anglers or lessor anglers than could meet the box quota.

You wisely state that in the case of inclement weather boats can seek refuge, but must not dock. You should also add boats cannot "raft off". No boat to boat contact

Point taken that will be added. I was thinking the remain in open waters and NO COMMUNICATION during tournament hours would cover this but um hm.

You may want to rethink the 3pm quit time, as with a drop of dock and possible low water, I don't see even a small event getting it done by 330 safely.

I'm not following you on this one. Additionally I'm working on something else here anyway but what I was saying is be inside the pier head by 3:00 pm your cooler in line by 3:30 pm. If congestion prevents you from having your cooler in line you must be in contact with tournament committee and within sight at that time. We can see from the shop to the chute :yes:

Thanks

I have read the rules and I had a question about the observer. We supply an observer and is randomly placed on a boat or that observer will be placed on our boat and your observers are randomly placed?

Chas, seems you have caught the tourny fever! If Sodus is done like other Observer tournaments on the Great Lakes, your observer representing your team will be placed on another teams vessel of similar size. Choose your observer carefully, as it is very important not only to look out for your interests, but the integrity of the event and the entire field of teams. Rather than begging an indifferent person, a relative or someone interested in learning about the fishery will serve you better. Some teams compensate their observers, or at least cover their expenses and let them prefish with the team.

If it's a 2 day event, a great way to do it is have 2 different individuals take turn fishing and observing, thus they have a stake and are not likely to be disinterested.

No matter how accomplished a troller you already are, tournament fishing will accelerate your learning curve immensely. Good luck.

Chas, seems you have caught the tourny fever! If Sodus is done like other Observer tournaments on the Great Lakes, your observer representing your team will be placed on another teams vessel of similar size. Choose your observer carefully, as it is very important not only to look out for your interests, but the integrity of the event and the entire field of teams. Rather than begging an indifferent person, a relative or someone interested in learning about the fishery will serve you better. Some teams compensate their observers, or at least cover their expenses and let them prefish with the team.

If it's a 2 day event, a great way to do it is have 2 different individuals take turn fishing and observing, thus they have a stake and are not likely to be disinterested.

No matter how accomplished a troller you already are, tournament fishing will accelerate your learning curve immensely. Good luck.

My father used to always fish the big east end tournaments but hasn't fished them in 10+ years. I have fished small walleye tournaments but they got a little boring having $150 payouts and only a few competitors. I have several buddies that would love to observe on real tournament boats haha. I haven't fished any salmon tournaments but got bit by the salmon bug a couple years ago and cant stay away anymore.

I am a teacher so having summers off and no kids yet I need something to occupy my time and why not have a little fun and make some friends in the process. Is it general practice to pay observers? I figured I would just share the pot even tho they might not catch the fish they are still there with my boat and team.

Thanks for all the incite Captain Vince it is greatly appreciated and that goes for the rest of you guys too.

Now I just need to save some cash for the bigger buy in tournaments.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Chas0218 - The observer for your team will be randomly picked at the catains meeting to go on another boat. The observer on your boat will be from another team. It is your choice on your observer, however this should be a wise and seriously thought out choice to perform the duties required of them and to maintain the integrity of the tournament. Not just in it for the 100.00 or 150.00. Should you choose an observer that is just going for a boat ride not only are you afecting the integrity of the tournament but you are giving your observer's team an advantage over you.

Matt -If we was to do the best 6 of the 9 box limit that would be unfair to the Am teams and anyone else that may be just fishing the shootout only. that is the reason for the first 6 from the pro division.

Thanks

Chas0218,

This may clarify some of your questions. I looked at a copy of last years Pro/Am Official Rules, and the following was a list of responsibilities of the observer:

5 – OBSERVERS

All competing teams (except Open division) are required to provide an Observer 18 years of age or older.

a) Observers are required to attend the Captains Meeting the Friday before the event.

b) Team Captains are required to have their Observers on their assigned boats no later than 5AM for the West Events and 4:30AM for the East events. No team may leave the dock without their Observer present on their assigned boat. Captains that fail to have their Observer on their assigned boat by 5:00AM (West Events) or 4:30AM (East Events) will be required to forfeit a team member to fill in as Observer no later than 5:15AM (WEST) or 4:45 (EAST).

c) Observers may not physically assist their assigned team in the act of fishing.

d) Observers are required to check the “fish box†or designated cooler on the boat that they are assigned to at the beginning of each tournament day to ensure that it contains only ice or water.

e) Observers are required to view the measurement of all landed fish prior to release.

f) Team Captains must ensure that Assigned Observers fulfill their responsibility to log each fish boxed on the score sheet when landed. Items that must be recorded are species, time of catch, estimated weight and exact GPS location (degrees, minutes and seconds). Team Captains MUST make certain their Assigned Observer fills in all required fields correctly for each fish kept, and then initial the corresponding field. A sample will be provided with each score sheet to ensure accuracy.

g) Score sheets must be signed by Captain and Observer immediately upon the completion of the fishing day. Both signatures must appear on the next available entry space (i.e. if the last fish was recorded on line 12 the signatures must appear on line 13).

h) Observers are required to stay with the team cooler at all times until it has been received by the Tournament Weigh-Master. Any exceptions must be approved by a Tournament Official.

i) Observers are required to remain at the weigh-in site until released by the Tournament Director. Any exceptions must be approved by a Tournament Official.

Jim

Although most of what 1fish2fish posted as pertaining to the Pro/Am of last year is similar to our tournament rules it would be wise to review our tournament information and rules as we update them. We put the first draft out last week and will update as neccassary. Information can be found at  http://soduspointbai...utterfly.com/ww

Thanks

UPDATE: I've ask, I've ask, I've ask. Heres the deal. Although the original poll shows one thing and the numbers can be taken for what they are. We have TWO eople working on this tournament. This takes A LOT of time and effort to put together. And this is the easy part. I have ask for email with team name and events you will be fishing and events you might be fishing, Definitely want to see both but NEED the ones that know they will be attending. The format and rules are there to review, http://soduspointbaittackle.shutterfly.com/ww they may be tweaked somewhat but it will be close to whats there now. I have received two emails at this time and 10 other forms of confirmation as to participation. I'm asking again for the last time. (yep I'll be the butt of the day, someone has to do it) I need emails sent to [email protected] with the team names, events you will fish, events you might fish. We have way to much going on to waste time here if no one is going to participate. If we can get you all involved as to who is going to participate. We can make this a BIG enjoyable and competitive weekend. If not then I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens when we set our sign up dates and get the numbers and see what we can do at that point.