Your suggestion?

Rippin'Line

Recently bought a penn yan with an 8' Beam. Would it be best to run one rigger right down the middle and 2 off the sides at a 90 degree angle away from the boat. Thought about doing 4 but for a 21' boat and after adding dipseys and such seems it would get a bit crowded.

Recently bought a penn yan with an 8' Beam. Would it be best to run one rigger right down the middle and 2 off the sides at a 90 degree angle away from the boat. Thought about doing 4 but for a 21' boat and after adding dipseys and such seems it would get a bit crowded.

I run 4 riggers and two outboards off an 8 ft beam without issues Rip.

If you want to go with 3 you will be fine with one in the center.

Good luck

Glen

I run 4 riggers and two outboards off an 8 ft beam without issues Rip.

If you want to go with 3 you will be fine with one in the center.

Good luck

Glen

I agree with Glen I also ran 4 on my old boat with an 8ft beam with no issues so you should be fine running 3 if that's what you want to do here's a pic from my old boat

IMG_0825.jpg

I went down from 4 to 3 last season. I think it was a great move. 4 riggers was too much and left little room to land fish. My 4th rigger always sat and never got used anyways. I run a 3 rigger set with 4 divers and 2 coppers off of boards and it work out great.

We run 4 riggers on our Islander and now a copper straight down the chute.

1 board when only 2 of us are on, and both boards when we have company, now also.

Can't catch 'em if your not fishin'................... ;)

It would seem to me that one of the factors to consider is how long the boom lengths are. If you have the long extendable booms (e.g. Cannons) you can easily run 4 by running two off the back at 45 degrees (or possibly straight back off the ends and two on the gunnels off to the sides extended. For much of the year though two downriggers, coppers, lead cores or wire rigs might be more productive though and not as risky tangling on turns (especially with Spin Doctors etc.) :D .

I went down from 4 to 3 last season. I think it was a great move. 4 riggers was too much and left little room to land fish. My 4th rigger always sat and never got used anyways. I run a 3 rigger set with 4 divers and 2 coppers off of boards and it work out great.

Spot on! I run three cores on one side and three coppers on the other....

Nick

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I have a 13'6" beam and i run three. More times than not less is more IMO. Sell the extra rigger and buy more coopers.

Same here! Leaves plenty of room to mov stuff around when you have a stubborn king at the back of the boat and leaves lots of room for junk lines.

I have a 13'6" beam and i run three. More times than not less is more IMO. Sell the extra rigger and buy more coopers.

If I had a 13 1/2 ft beam I would run 6. :inlove:

Could you imagine if Jerry Felluca had a 13'6" beam? :rofl::lol::rofl::lol: