Relocate to PA

jlrjoz

In light of the new gun laws in in NY. My wife and three kids Are thinking of relocating to PA. We love country with hills and would like to stay close to lake ontario or Erie.

Any areas or communities to suggest

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I feel bad for you and your family, thinking you have to re-locate. The thought that came to mind, is your advanced knowledge of Lake O fishing, and enjoying fishing out of Oswego. I would hate to see you make a decision on re-locating based on gun regulations.....that could very well be enforced in Pa. at some point in time. Think it over. Times like these, are more a reason to enjoy fishing Lake O. Just my opinion.....I used to fish Eastern Lake O and Mex. Bay. I do wish you well in your decision. It's a tough one, that's for sure! Respectfully, Steve.......................

Like Steve said a firearm law in NY shouldn't really be your only element for leaving NY. I think there are probably some other underlying reasons that bring your focus to that PARTICULAR decision, and I can't blame you on that basis. I can tell you one thing about moving into another state, especially neighboring states, is that a new shell game has been introduced in the US..... EENY MEENIE MINEE MOE...take the "bad guns" from competent NY Joe, .make him sell them out of state to maybe someone who's whacko.

Cuomo has defined an elitist sepratist state. But don't give up on fishing Lake O, at least one of our neighbors will help NY make the lake the safest place on earth. No criminals.....aaaahhh...now that is relaxation at it's finest ...what's the lyrics to koom baeya?..or what ever it is? I don't sing that much.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

A couple things.... after over thirty years of dealing with behavioral issues, and human relationships etc. I am reminded of the old adage "Don't make important financial or personal decisions in the heat of emotion" . I once had a friend who got tired of the BS at work and sold his home and moved his family (2 kids and wife) to Florida WITHOUT EVER HAVING BEEN THERE. He returned after 7 or 8 months and had to rent a place and was pretty embarrassed as well, and ended up in a divorce over it, and the friend later committed suicide but the point is that he should have cooled off in the first place and looked at all the pros and cons (perhaps on a SPECIFIC LIST) and weighed the options and then done his homework as far as physically exploring the potential environment before "leaping". When this new gun law came out I had that same impulse as you (only thinking of Montana perhaps :>) but when I seriously thought things over carefully it doesn't make sense (at least right now) as I have a kid in college, elderly mother etc. It might be wise to wait a bit to see how all this regulatory bs pans out at the Fed level as well as here before doing anything you may regret later> I know this sounds a bit "preachy" but I assure you it is well intentioned anyway.

I would move too. not only because of the gun laws witch are ##$@%%%# but your taxes are out of control!!!!!!! If you can move do it. I feel bad for the people that can't move and live out of the city. I have fished all over LO and the people living along the lake get the high taxes pushed on them to pay for the city. It will never stop there till they run out of other peoples money to spend.

Crawford Co. PA is great...relatively rural, but low taxes, lots of hunting country! Easy access to multiple metropolitan areas (an hour to Pittsburgh, an hour to Cleveland and Erie is about 40 minutes for most non-major metro area amenities) 45 minute drive to 1st port on Lake Erie on Ohio side, Conneaut ($40 annual non-res license), about an hour drive to any of the western PA Lake Erie ports including Presque Isle Bay, Walnut Creek, and Lampe Marina. It's a 3 - 3 1/2 drive to the islands of the western basin of Lake Erie for great spring, early summer, and late fall fishing...when there's ice, great numbers and significant trophy potential over there as well. 3 1/2 drive to Olcott or the mouth of the Niagara...

Oh yeah, great inland fishing as well. Crawford Co. hosts the PA portion of shoreline for Pymatuning Reservoir. Pymy holds outstanding numbers of high quality white and black crappies as well as some good numbers of quality perch. Pymy, is however, most noted for its outstanding inland walleye fishery, a shallow, shad based forage impoundment, it is stocked with healthy numbers of 'eyes by both PA and Ohio. The largest natural lake in PA can be found here, Conneaut Lake, home to impressive population of largemouths and northerns. It also is home to some quality waterfowling and is home to some of Pennsylvania's largest whitetails.

Hello jlrjoz I dont know you from adam, but it seems that running from this may be a poor decision... Granted I have thaught of moving to PA may self for many reasons (better tax rate, and a feeling that my vote actually counts come election time, and now this bull..), but how long before you are running from PA, and where do you go then? I feel That we all need to stand up. I have been talking to different members of sporting clubs and discussing actual ways to protest this, and we are thinking of boycotting hunting liscenses for one year! We can all go and march in albany, we can all write letters to our reps but what good will that do? We need to hit em where it hurts, IN THE WALLETT! Granted the money is supposed to go back into the DEC and our fishery, but I dont see any other way to make a statement. If we could get enough people on board they would realize it by October. Maybe someone else has a better idea, maybe im going over the deep end as I see what my dad always warned of happening right infront of me. If there is one thing I know if we run from this now we wont stop running till its to late!

Thanks for reading- Jeff

To OP, if you look at the laws and stance of the MAJORITY of the people and politicians of P.A. then compare them to NY. If you think for one instant that NY will ever change, you won't pass the back ground check required to purchase AMMO in this state. Get out now if you can, one year from now the witch hunt will begin, and no legal gun owner will be safe. They will use any and all excuses to confiscate all the firearms they can. The taxes are rediculas, the liberals in Manhattan and Albany are way out of control and they are in control and will remain that way. The only way to make a difference now is to cost these idiots money by tax loss, and once out, NEVER spend a dime in this god forsaken state again until things change.

Look at the law PA has on the table to make the king's so called directives(read that...ORDERS) illegal in PA. State rights take precedence over federal. One thing I know about PA people...don't mess with their guns or religion.

Sorry if this offends some but its the truth, the more people who leave and the more money cost is the only thing these new dictators understand.

http://www.westhartfordnews.com/article ... 450519.txt

This is why moving to another state will not let you escape a government evading democratic process. Copy NY imperialists lead ....Connecticut :dull: ...pass legislation behind closed doors and keep fingerprints of due process out of the way to keep their offices. Hope Cuomo is brought back to Earth. Stay and fight the precedents and don't retreat from home. This is where the front is. Defeat the Cuomo, it will take time, the courts are waiting for a strongly proposed legal defense for the law abiding citizenship of NY. Too bad for any government that rushes to copy NY before the law is reviewed...but maybe all the better...show their real colors, and be gone.

QUOTE ... "Looney, who has been leading gun control efforts in the Democratic-dominated Connecticut Senate, recently has announced that a bill addressing the slaughter in Sandy Hook will bypass the usual public hearing process and be sent to the governor for his signature though an emergency certification process, a strategy that will obviate legislative oversight and leave no unsightly fingerprints on a final bill produced in General Assembly back rooms by legislative leaders.

Too many fingerprints on legislation might imperil re-election efforts by removing vague assertions of approval. The Looney gambit can only succeed by enlisting the support of a governor armed with veto power."

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

This in NY is not about violence, it is about a money grab by the crew in Albany. When you are forced to register your semi automatic firearms, they will question you on how you obtained them. Without a receipt you will be assessed the sales taxes based on a "blue book" of prices they came up with, just like when you receive a free automobile from someone not a close relative. When you sell a firearm now, the buyer will also be assessed a sales tax on the transaction. This will drive down the value of your guns.

Gentlemen, this is bigger than just a gun grab. I assume most of us like minded sportsmen understand what is happening in our political corridors. But!, if you leave, then you make it easier for them to sweep up the rest of us, starting with gun owners. stay and fight. do not give these crooken power grabbers bolth legs to stand on sir. This starts here. Stop it here. We will see how strong new york is. Do not run.

You're dreaming if you think any of it will be repealed. Stay if you want, but don't encourage people who want to continue to hunt and live free to stay and become slaves. At this point we gun owners will continue to be pushed into a corner until the sh** hits the fan. And it will, probably to late to make a difference.

Like I stated earlier OP, leave like us smart ones. This state is lost to the libs.

Just an FYI, we just invested over $40K into our house, bought a hunting camp and are selling EVERYTHING to get the hell out, only moving maybe 20 miles over the front lines to free America.

My wife is from NY but we live in north central PA, a few years ago we thought about moving up near Olcott, when we checked things out a lil closer, we found higher taxes and more importantly, I am a dissabled Viet Nam vet, In Pa I dont pay any taxes, I have free life time hunting License, Free life time fishing license, and free life time trapping license, my registration on my truck is free, were I live there is not even a police department, I can shoot from my deck anytime I want and no one cares. NY would not give me any of these benifits. Don't get me wrong I love NY but just could not justify living there. I dont see whats going on in NY ever taking place in PA. we live close to the border and everyone from NY comes to Pa to buy gas and cigs. clothing is tax free, Pa sales tax is 6% ny is 8 1/4%, the reasons go on. NY like the Federal government needs to clean house and re-elect people for the people, NY has so much to offer if it were run correctly...Just my 2 cents

From a guy that never had to serve his Country, the items that you mentioned you get for free........as far as I'm concerned, you've definitely paid,brother! Too bad N.Y. State doesn't see it that way. Enjoy your life! A different way of looking at it, that's for sure. Thanx! Steve..........................