IRS Taxing us under medical bill ?

This is just a short clip directly from the IRS web site....... the sale on everything we sportsman/women buy is helping pay for  "Obamacare"

Sport Fishing Equipment

A tax of 10% of the sale price is imposed on many articles of sport fishing equipment sold by the manufacturer. This includes any parts or accessories sold on or in connection with the sale of those articles.

Pay this tax with Form 720. No tax deposits are required.

Sport fishing equipment includes all the following items.

1. Fishing rods and poles (and component parts), fishing reels, fly fishing lines, and other fishing lines not over 130 pounds test, fishing spears, spear guns, and spear tips.

2. Items of terminal tackle, including leaders, artificial lures, artificial baits, artificial flies, fishing hooks, bobbers, sinkers, snaps, drayles, and swivels (but not including natural bait or any item of terminal tackle designed for use and ordinarily used on fishing lines not described in (1)).

3. The following items of fishing supplies and accessories: fish stringers, creels, bags, baskets, and other containers designed to hold fish, portable bait containers, fishing vests, landing nets, gaff hooks, fishing hook disgorgers, and dressing for fishing lines and artificial flies.

4. Fishing tip-ups and tilts.

5. Fishing rod belts, fishing rodholders, fishing harnesses, fish fighting chairs, fishing outriggers, and fishing downriggers.

See Revenue Ruling 88-52 in Cumulative Bulletin 1988-1 for a more complete description of the items of taxable equipment.

Fishing rods and fishing poles.   The tax on fishing rods and fishing poles (and component parts) is 10% of the sales price not to exceed $10 per article. The tax is paid by the manufacturer, producer, or importer.

Fishing tackle boxes.   The tax on fishing tackle boxes is 3% of the sales price. The tax is paid by the manufacturer, producer, or importer.

Electric outboard boat motors.   A tax of 3% of the sale price is imposed on the sale by the manufacturer of electric outboard motors. This includes any parts or accessories sold on or in connection with the sale of those articles.

Certain equipment resale.   The tax on the sale of sport fishing equipment is imposed a second time under the following circumstances. If the manufacturer sells a taxable article to any person, the manufacturer is liable for the tax. If the purchaser or any other person then sells it to a person who is related (discussed next) to the manufacturer, that related person is liable for a second tax on any subsequent sale of the article. The second tax, however, is not imposed if the constructive sale price rules under section 4216(b) apply to the sale by the manufacturer.

If the second tax is imposed, a credit for tax previously paid by the manufacturer is available provided the related person can document the tax paid. The documentation requirement is generally satisfied only through submission of copies of actual records of the person that previously paid the tax.

Related person.   For the tax on sport fishing equipment, a person is a related person of the manufacturer if that person and the manufacturer have a relationship described in section 465(b)(3)©.

Bows, Quivers, Broadheads, and Points

The tax on bows is 11% (.11) of the sales price. The tax is paid by the manufacturer, producer, or importer. It applies to bows having a peak draw weight of 30 pounds or more. The tax is also imposed on the sale of any part or accessory suitable for inclusion in or attachment to a taxable bow and any quiver, broadhead, or point suitable for use with arrows described below.

Arrow Shafts

The tax on arrow shafts is listed on Form 720. The tax is paid by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of any arrow shaft (whether sold separately or incorporated as part of a finished or unfinished product) of a type used in the manufacture of any arrow that after its assembly meets either of the following conditions.

• It measures 18 inches or more in overall length.

• It measures less than 18 inches in overall length but is suitable for use with a taxable bow, described earlier.

Exemption for certain wooden arrows.    After October 3, 2008, the tax does not apply to any shaft made of all natural wood with no laminations or artificial means of enhancing the spine of such shaft (whether sold separately or incorporated as part of a finished or unfinished product) and used in the manufacture of any arrow that after its assembly meets both of the following conditions.
  • It measures 5/16 of an inch or less in diameter.

• It I

• is not suitable for use with a taxable bow, described earlier.

I hope this makes you sick to your stomach because then I don't feel so alone

And the Founding Fathers had a problem with tea taxes??? :lol: 

Whats next the death penalty for taking a leak off your boat?

Looks to me that most of these taxes being mention are taxes being paid by the manufacture..Not the fisherman..Also I believe if you check back these taxes have been around for about 15 years probably longer...Didn't just start with Obama care..  Would luv to see our founding fathers deal with a population of about 310,000,000 million instead ot the 2,400,000 they had back in the 1750's

They had the insight and foresight to draft a Constitution that has served us well no

matter what the population if these aholes would just follow it instead of trying to be European wantabees.

Edited by Sk8man

I'll bite. Flat tax is the answer. Close the borders as we can't even support our existing population (60% of working Americans support 40% of non workers). Ban Liberalism as it has gotten us in this mess in the first place and will ultimately be the downfall of America. Deport all Muslims because they all hate us Infadels and have no respect for women. Replace welfare with govt cheese, bread, and milk. If you are really hungry, you will eat it instead of having microwave dinners or Big Macs on our dime.

Looks to me that most of these taxes being mention are taxes being paid by the manufacture..Not the fisherman..Also I believe if you check back these taxes have been around for about 15 years probably longer...Didn't just start with Obama care..  Would luv to see our founding fathers deal with a population of about 310,000,000 million instead ot the 2,400,000 they had back in the 1750's

It doesn't matter if the manufacturers initially pay the tax or we do. The consumer still bears the cost. It's disenchanting to see that some people still believe that there is such thing as a free lunch. 

Guys this tax has been around since 1950 under the "Sport Fish Restoration Act". It has been amended a few times but not recently in connection with "Obamacare".

Here's a link: http://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/Subpages/GrantPrograms/SFR/SFR_Act.htm

It's purpose is to help fisheries, Dingell (the Bill's author) is a noted conservation minded Senator long before the word conservation meant anything to anyone.

No need for sensational Obamacare reaction.

Tight lines and may the NSA be with you!

Guys this tax has been around since 1950 under the "Sport Fish Restoration Act". It has been amended a few times but not recently in connection with "Obamacare".

Here's a link: http://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/Subpages/GrantPrograms/SFR/SFR_Act.htm

It's purpose is to help fisheries, Dingell (the Bill's author) is a noted conservation minded Senator long before the word conservation meant anything to anyone.

Correct!!

House we built, A modest ranch in a good neighborhood close yesterday . Taxes,9k per year property taxes . Owners income tax if they earn around 100k /yr 28K + - .  Gas Taxes,  Sales taxes & fees on cars ,boats, cell phones ETc., another 5k maybe. Thats over 40 k a year . When is it to much? Founding fathers  came here to get away from that stuff.

Just a note to say__ Everything bout Obama care isn't bad...Insurance companies have to follow the 80/20 portion of the bill, Which means millions of American rate payers will be getting  a piece of the 1.1 billion dollars insurance companies over charge the public or their employers whom ever paid the bill..Not to mention the lives its saved...Just for ur info...

As a manufacturer of custom fishing rods, I can confirm that this tax has been around for a long time before Obama and has nothing to do with Obama or Obamacare.

What is unfair about this tax is that it must be collected at every stage where value is added to a product. For instance, the manufacturers who make the rod components I use tax me when I purchase them. When I assemble them into a rod and increase their value with my labor, tax must be charged and collected again on the entire new sale price, not just the increase in vlaue.

Edited by John E Powell

And the Founding Fathers had a problem with tea taxes??? :lol:

Whats next the death penalty for taking a leak off your boat?

Actually I thought I had heard you can get in trouble for that, on Skaneatles Lake..........

I'll bite. Flat tax is the answer. Close the borders as we can't even support our existing population (60% of working Americans support 40% of non workers). Ban Liberalism as it has gotten us in this mess in the first place and will ultimately be the downfall of America. Deport all Muslims because they all hate us Infadels and have no respect for women. Replace welfare with govt cheese, bread, and milk. If you are really hungry, you will eat it instead of having microwave dinners or Big Macs on our dime.

That goes against the grain of everything America stands for ,and quite frankly, it reeks of fascism

Edited by rolmops

Fish Hunter....you are probably right... and I'm not saying I do it or to do it...I was just trying to use something ridiculous to illustrate the point.....the overbearing and over reaching government is way out of bounds these days and that's what I was trying to say with my comment....

Fascism huh. How about accountability? This is what we are lacking. When I was growing up, if I made a mistake, I was given a punishment to fit my mistake. My kids receive the same treatment. Yet society has created a false sense of entitlement that has given way to a new generation that thinks they are owed something for doing nothing. Our own govt has committed many crimes that have gone unpunished. How does that make this entitlement generation think? Can they get away with their crimes? Where does it end? There needs to be more accountability. Our govt is now arming the very enemy thousands of American soldiers have died to defeat. Why? It is very clear that the Muslim community does not like us. Let them fight their own wars. I could keep going but will leave it at that.