state of the lake meeting

No problem guys. Yes they all did a pretty good job. Too bad they only had a couple hours to present months worth of data.

The meeting didn’t have a lot of good news but I feel better that they used the words “down slightlyâ€

Rustic

The DEC is asking the stakeholders for suggestions towards the 2010 change proposals. They said someone suggested that the Brown trout limit go to one Brown trout in the tribs, not to a two fish limit. Nothing to do with Lake fishing. Sorry if notes weren't clear on that. Also, it’s only a suggestion. Doesn’t mean it’ll be enacted. If you think it’d hurt then let the DEC regional fish manager know.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

The future of the lake is looking a little rough right now. The thing that guys have to remember is that mother nature is like a Marine....Improvises and adapts. A friend of mine reminded me of the gloom and doom predictions regarding the zebra mussels. I'm still waiting for those guys to be right...LOL.... Maybe a little more catch and release will help...... Good luck in the up coming season.....

Nice catch....Eyes aren't as good as they used to be....

I’m also wondering about the lake level proposal. The jury is out on this one. I’m not too sure that Mother Nature, global warming or the fact that some states are still trying to drain off drinking water have been factored in. Wetland or not, I certainly don’t want the water any lower than it was this last year. Braddock’s was pretty tough for a lot of guys this year. A lot of home owners remember what happen years ago when hurricane Agnes hit. (We have had some big storms in last couple of years.)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Think Spring

This lake level deal has been going on for a couple of years now. My wifes boss was a higher up on the commitee. The poeple that live on the lake were trying to get the lake levels lowered to stop erosion. The first round, they lost so this is the new proposal. If anyone wants more info on this proposal, let me know and I will see if he can get me the reading material to distribute.

There is a control structure for Lake Ontario. The other Lakes have had drops of several feet resulting in a lot of boat damage and loss of moorings. Still, they may drop the lake level to allow for wetland regeneration.