Planer boards for summer kings?

Our summer program at Olcott is usually limited to riggers, dipsys and a LC. Thinking about adding big planer boards to the mix this year.

1) What's the best approach to get lures to depth? Jet divers? Anyone using tru trip divers which seem to be popular for Erie walleye?

2) think it's worth the extra hassle for the boards? What kind of fish are you catching off the boards in summer?

Otter boats 200 and 300 coppers spindoc and flys. Big fish producer for me . 400 to 600 copper down the shute. Save the jets for walleye they do not seem to work for salmon for me no answer as to why tried them many times only got rainbows .

My Otters are in from day 1 til the boat is pulled. Make your boat's footprint bigger and put more fish in the cooler.

Exactly. Coppers of all lengths, leadcores in all lengths, split shot rigs or other drop weight rigs. Hell you can even run divers or thumper rigs off them!

I run church tx 44 inline boards By running inline boards you can run 3-4 boards per side and you can put them

Out in any order u wish. And u can put them back out without having to pull any other lines You run deepest lines closest to boat and as you get farther away from boat lines get shallower I like to run 3 color 5 color 7 color And 10 color off one side Early in year And 7 10 15 lTer in year. Other side of boat. Is copper or snap weight of somekind If I get a hit on say a 5 color I can land fish and put 5 color back put in it's spot without clearing any other lines lines. If yo ur combat fishing run less lines Your gonna get tangles at first but this is way to go

You must runn same type of lines on same side DifferAnt lines have differAnt sink rate You can't runA combo of copper and keadcore on same side

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by fathobbit0074

...You can't [run a] combo of copper and [leadcore] on same side

Sure you can, leadcore on the outside board and copper on the inside board. You can work the leadcore both in and out over the copper very easily.

Edited by John E Powell

I guess u could if you run a deep copper And a shallow core. If he only runs 2 We run a 150 200 300 and sometimes a 400 depending on time of the yeAr and where we fish So it's just easier. 3 5 7 10. Sometimes 15 other side

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by fathobbit0074