Saturday am went out with Nick from RIGGED and caught 12 fish in 2 hrs inside of 100' out of sandy and that was the plan for this morning till i got to the boat and got a tip from a buddy that the inside was all ice water and to start in 180' and he was right on.

Dropped 2 riggers 2 wire divers and a 300 copper in at 179. Probe rigger parked at 40' had 50 degrees and was pulling a mag carbon 14 spoon. Parked the other rigger at 50' pulling blue dolphin spoon with uv ladder.

Got both riggers in turned around to grap a sd and fly for the port diver and the 50' rigger started screaming. I grabbed it and handed it off to my nephew and after a good battle we slipped the net under 25# king. Got the fish in the boat and then the probe rigger fired my nephew was all over it. After a short battle we netted a 12# king. All rods cleared i put down a blue sd and purple crinkle mirage fly then went to set back the probe rigger and the dipsey started ripping. I grabbed it and handed it to Sheila and she went to work on him. After a nice battle we netted a nice 15# king.

I managed to get both riggers back down after i changed probe rigger to a mag blue dolphin spoon. I got the dipsey barely back in the water when the probe rigger fired maybe 2 mins after i put it back down. Sheila jumped all over it and the fight was on! The fish ripped 200' of line off in no time at all. She couldnt do anything but laugh as the reel was screaming. After about a 15 - 20 min fight and change of direction with the boat we netted a 24 3/4 king.

I reset the rieggers and managed to get both dipseys in and a 300 copper pulling goldie hawns sister spoon which only took 2 skippys. We picked away at the fish steadily till about 10:30. The first hour was absolutley insane as we cleared both riggers and a dipsey 3 different times with fish. We also caught 2 steelheads around 10# later in the morning.

We caught over 20 fish this morning all were kings but 2. Most of our fish were 10-15# with 3 over 20#. Only caught 3 skippys today.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-152176-14089317544057_thumb.jpg

post-152176-14089317746629_thumb.jpg

Thanks it was a great morning to be in the water. I forgot to mention that key spped was 2.6 - 2.8 down speed. All the fish were released unharmed except for the biggest king she engoulfed the whole spoon and was hooked in gills and bleeding bad

Dave - Sheila looks like she is getting used to grabbing the rod and holding up fish afterward... you're going to have to practice getting faster on the draw :lol:  Nice going!

Dave - Sheila looks like she is getting used to grabbing the rod and holding up fish afterward... you're going to have to practice getting faster on the draw :lol: Nice going!

Yea Les i agree but im afraid she will knock me out of the boat to get the rod first...lol.

Im not sure but i know my raider runs 1mph slower than my gps. I have been going 1.6 - 1.8 but i tested it with my gps the first time i used it. Ran it 1 ft down and compared speeds between the 2

Tim's point here is a VERY good one. There is always a lot of discussion about specific speeds for different setups and really it is all relative because of varying accuracy of devices, different ways of measuring (over bottom or water surface etc.) and various other factors specific to each situation. The most important factor is "repeatability" using the specific device you are using to measure. Thus the significance of 2.4 mph on one boat may be quite different on another in a different location with different currents, wind speeds etc. affecting the way the setup runs in that particular situation. Those "effective" speeds from one boat to another should always be considered as "range" factors or "guesstimates" at best and not as hard fast accurate measures.

I agree cause we run a sub troll on the tourney boat and we almost never go faster than 2.0 and i run 2.6 - 2.8 on my boat with a depth raider.

I tried those speeds didnt produce anything but lakers and browns. I dont know what it is but the faster speeds do the kings in my boat for some reason