Sub Troll problem

I used my new probe the other day for the first time and the speed worked perfectly fine but the temp was all over the place :x :?

Two things: (Ray don't need any responses like maybe the spatula isn't working or take it out of the oven :roll: :x )

1st off the temp would go from like 82 down to 8 up to 50 down to 39, get the drift? Then it would settle in on what seemed like correct temps in the low to middle 40 degree mark but would only stay like that for 20-30 seconds then go goofy again :? .

2nd, I had the probe at 39 ft then as soon as I dropped it to 49ft it would go blank, no speed no temp. Bring it back up and it's back to the same thing as before :?:

I put a new battery in about 1 month ago. Was gonna put another in tomorrow before I go out but any suggestions?

i would say its the battery. my cable is missing about 3' of coating and it still works fine, so i wouldnt think it was that. i just sounds like its lacking signal strength.

Check where the antenna joins , just push it togather and make sure it's clean. I used liquid tape one time and had a lot of trouble like your talking about some of it just messed the conection up at the probe. So check Bad Habit idea out looking for any thing that would lessen your conection.

Tom,

Check to make sure there's no water in the probe. I accidentally overtightened the end cap on my old Moor once and we got all kings of wonky readings. Turns out when I overtightened the end cap that it put a hairline fracture in it and I had just a tiny bit of water in it and that make it act all funky.

Check connection on back of pod. the circuit board and wiring can be subject to shock and stress when under power in waves. That is what happened to mine. However I had bracket mounted to rigid aluminum bar which made shock and stress worse. Make sure your bracket has those rubber washers between pod and bracket for shock absorption. Try testing in bucket of water in driveway by lowering probe into water checking temp and connections

try to vary your speed slow to 1.5 mph the bump it up a little ,oh lets say 30mph like the last one. ...............hey tom would it come up on plane any faster if we brought in the dypsys and the riggers........seeing ill probly never run that fast with the riggers out how much blowback do ya get at 30mph 100 ft cable out and what depth maybe 1ft or do ya just topline a 10lb ball. shoot maybe you got something there,next best thing to dynmite ,TOMS FISHING RIG ,just let out 100 ft cable run circles on plane for 5 min and go back and net all the fish you just beat the shi+ outa,learn to outfish the charters get your TOMS FISHING RIG today.........................

Stuck foot in mouth again.....you are becoming my idol as well Ray. It is fair to say, do not tell Ray when you oops....Like today when I put a brand new ball on rigger and did not lock clip and it is now on the bottom of Ontario.

Ray I'm laughing my butt off here! That's sad but true and funny. You left out one thing though.... the sound of the cable snapping and me turning around and saying what the heck was that noise :$

I'm gonna throw up in youir boat next time!

Tom; I had the same problem you described, it went on for quite a while. I contacted Moore, sent the probe back etc.,ect.,etc. What I finally found was that the coaxial cable that runs from the antena to the dial had bad connections. The center conductor was never soldered even though it looked like it was (cold solder joint) both ends of the cable had the same problem. To solve the problem you can pick up a new coax cable at an electronics store. You may have a problem finding one long enough, but you can put a couple of them together, (will need to buy a small connector to join them). I think the longest ones I could find were 15 foot. This solved my problem, the unit has been working great for the last two years..