Cayuga and Seneca

Wednesday 7-8-15

Well decided to take a few days off of work last week... Started last Wednesday and took a friend who has a brand new boat and is getting into trolling and wanted to learn how some of the setups work so we took my boat over to Cayuga and launched Bright and early... Well like I said the plan was to show him how to set Dipsy diver rods and cores and coppers but that really didn't happen because the fishing was spectacular couldn't even get all 6 rods set for at least an hour... flasher fly bite on the Dipsy's was unbelievable I think we went 26 for 30 in 4 hours and had an absolute blast ... I did lose a a really really good Lake Trout at the boat we're catching so many that I tried to grab the flasher and pull the fish over and I didn't realize that somebody had tied a real light leader onto the flasher and I snapped the fish off...Was easily over 12 pounds wish we could have got pictures for him with that fish but oh well overall a great day and a day I don't think he'll forget for a long time...

Thursday 7-9-15

Launched out of Lodi with my son doing some scouting for a tournament I had coming up on Sunday... We decided to bounce to a bunch of different spots to check them out we found fish everywhere we went but not the quality we were looking for but overall a great day on the water and quality time spent with my son which was the true trophy.. Finger Lakes Tackle king of sting was getting the job done on the 300 copper, white green dot Spinny on the Dipsy pulling a Seneca ghost..

Friday 7-10-15

Was going to fish Seneca again that day but the night before Nick o called me and asked me to mate a charter with him which I easily agreed to do. We took a group of 6 out and headed straight to lakerville.. I will keep the details up to him on this one but overall another good day with lots of Lakers and one Landlock caught....

Sunday 7-12-15 FLTA tournament Seneca Challenge

Got a little bit of a late start to the morning but got out on the water right at daylight ran across Lake and set up where I knew there were some decent lake trout.. we got all of our rods setup up and wasn't long until we are pulling in some decent Lake Trout. . Again 300 copper was getting it done with a king of sting and we are also pulling some in on the rigs and Dipsy's. . At this point we have a decent box of Lakers but need to find some off fish so we decide to make a move to the middle of the lake and that's when all hell started to break loose.. we are trolling about Midlake 200 copper takes off screaming and instantly pulls the board under the water we know we have a decent fish on and Matt plays the fish beautiful and gets about a five pound landlocked to the boat.. as we get the rods reset we come back to the east side in about 80 fow and there are tiny schools of bait everywhere and rainbows all over them.. we have a field day boating many rainbows and get one decent rainbow. We decide to keep for our box... We head in to weigh in with a decent box of fish but as we find out others had a great day too... We end up third with 29 pounds with a five fish box and retain the points lead... End the day going 16 for 21... Overall a great day on Seneca after all the bad reports I was hearing I'm extremely happy with this fishing trip and can't wait to get back out there

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14368734453407_thumb.jpg

post-148405-1436873472583_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368734940068_thumb.jpg

post-148405-1436873514113_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368735344895_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368735517083_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368735687911_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368735950158_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368736144774_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368736270399_thumb.jpg

post-148405-1436873653623_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368736753768_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368736894128_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368737050041_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368743651564_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14368743835402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iron Duke

Mike you sure have that boat dialed in! Totally pro! Seneca really turned on for the FLTA some huge boxes. Congratulations to Ketchum, and his 32-4 Box! Seemed like the bait started to scatter a bit and the fishing was epic. I was scared after talking to a guy at Deans cove Saturday that said he put in two five hour trolls on Seneca without moving a rod.... Congratulations again on your place and keeping the points lead, see you at Cayuga!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

WTG Mike :yes:  and nice report and pics along with a good box of fish. Lets hope things will keep taking off on Seneca.....can't wait for the Fall fishing and flea decline with decreased water temps. :) Congrats on the results!

Great report Mike. I lost a couple nice fish early that I now would've made my box better. Unfortunately they took 3 of my FLT spoons. Web site is down and Dan told me he's not making spoons anymore. What's up with that?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great report Mike. I lost a couple nice fish early that I now would've made my box better. Unfortunately they took 3 of my FLT spoons. Web site is down and Dan told me he's not making spoons anymore. What's up with that?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Scott i pmed you...

Thanks guys it was a lot of fun for sure... Can't wait to be at it again... I wish I would have been a teacher or something so I could have every summer off.. lol

Mike

Nice report MIke! Really glad to see that things are finally picking up - can't wait to get back up there on Friday and see if the "jinx" was rinsed off my boat in the river last week :shake: .

Thanks for sharing the great pics!

Rick

Mike you sure have that boat dialed in! Totally pro! Seneca really turned on for the FLTA some huge boxes. Congratulations to Ketchum, and his 32-4 Box! Seemed like the bait started to scatter a bit and the fishing was epic. I was scared after talking to a guy at Deans cove Saturday that said he put in two five hour trolls on Seneca without moving a rod.... Congratulations again on your place and keeping the points lead, see you at Cayuga!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice Mike....WTG...

Sounds like you picked the right week to take a few days off to fish!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

WTG Mike :yes: and nice report and pics along with a good box of fish. Lets hope things will keep taking off on Seneca.....can't wait for the Fall fishing and flea decline with decreased water temps. :) Congrats on the results!

Awesome

Nice report MIke! Really glad to see that things are finally picking up - can't wait to get back up there on Friday and see if the "jinx" was rinsed off my boat in the river last week :shake: .

Thanks for sharing the great pics!

Rick

Thanks for the report Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys!! I think you will see Seneca get better and better as the season continues.. I believe we are gonna be in for some real good fall fishing this year...

Mike