Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

November 15

41 degrees

Clear skies

WSW wind 10-15 mph

Barometer 29.9 and climbing

Rut phase= breeding

Back at the brush stand. Impressive funnel. Field on my right and marsh to my left.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139598-14475899527562_thumb.jpg

A lot of deer movement. My dad missed a doe with his crossbow about 20 minutes later I saw a small buck and grunted him in and let him pass to my dads stand. He's only a 4 or 5 pointer but it's his first buck with a bow. Our stands are only about 100 yards apart but looking at completely different areas.

Shot the buck with his Bowtech after he missed for I think the 5th time with his crossbow. We've tried everything to get it accurate and once you're confident in the thing you shoot it a week later it's off again.

Slammer chasing a doe as I'm typing this. This is probably my best morning sit since October 16th

i know very little of crosbows,but if yer target shooting fine,, then after its cocked for a few hours while sitting i would suspect one of the limbs is stressed or damaged after a time it warps or  a weak spot is amplified ....thats one reason as i understand you MUST discharge after every day of being cocked.................just a thought ..

Thanks for the info guys! I looked at the bolts they're 10.5 gpi 20 inches so 210 grain bolts with 125 grain Rage 2 blades. 335 grains overall. It's what the guy at the bow shop told him to use (bolt wise). Seems light for the speeds they shoot but I don't know much about them. The bow is also very loud I think he's gonna bring it to the shop and have them check it out.

Buy the recommended bolts for the crossbow.  What brand is it?  I purchased a Wicked Ridge by Ten Point and the bolts came with 100 grain field points.  Looking at the bolt chart, 125 grain tips are mostly used on the 22" heavier bolts.  Are the broadheads Rage crossbow broadheads or regular archery broadheads? 

Last week I lost a doe - a pass through with a crossbow rage 2 blade.  I  was sick about it.  Have now switched to a 125 gr. 3 blade thunderhead, which has accounted for a buck and doe this bow season.  I know a lot of guys swear by the mechanicals, I just need to know there will be cutting 100% of the time.

Buy the recommended bolts for the crossbow. What brand is it? I purchased a Wicked Ridge by Ten Point and the bolts came with 100 grain field points. Looking at the bolt chart, 125 grain tips are mostly used on the 22" heavier bolts. Are the broadheads Rage crossbow broadheads or regular archery broadheads?

It's a Barnett I know he's using Carbon Express bolts now. They may be 100 grain broadheads, I know they are the crossbow Rage 2 blades which I thought were all 125s.

It's a Barnett I know he's using Carbon Express bolts now. They may be 100 grain broadheads, I know they are the crossbow Rage 2 blades which I thought were all 125s.

thats what i had behind barnett predator375fps. Get matching bolts to xbow. They are all noisy. Also feel rage is junk. Not only my experience. To each there own but after multiple marginal results from good shots I dont shoot expandables any more. Not trying to start a debate but sharing my experience. Now with barnett bolts (headhunter) and 125 gr muzzys. If i shoot two or three bolts, i will ruin one cuz they are on top of each other. Goodluck!